Thanksgiving Camping

cgaskins

Anyone here do any camping over Thanksgiving?

We will be making our annual trip to Garner State Park in South Texas. This will be year number 7 for us.

Any other HOC people going to be Garner the week of Thanksgiving?

-Chris

GWRam

This will be our fourth year of Thanksgiving camping. First two years we camped at Stone Mountain campground and had the delicious buffet at the club house. Most relaxing Thanksgivings ever. No mess no fuss just family friends and relaxing.
Last year at Unicoi State Park with a delicious buffet at their resort building. This year Fort Wilderness. The locations may change but the family and friends remain. Great time for everyone.

scottyb

Garner sounds like a great place to go. I haven't been there since I was a kid.

We are going to my Uncle's ranch in West Texas for the 2nd year in a row. We will be riding 4 wheelers, shooting guns, and frying turkeys.

sengli

First two several years we owned our fiver, we went camping over the thanksgiving holiday for at least 2-3 days. We loved it. We usually had the campground to ourself for the most part. Unfortuanetly the last two years winter has come early and strong up here in the midwest. I wont tow the coach in snow, and slop. Looks like it isnt going to happen for us this year either. Got 3-4 inches of snow last night and its in the high 20's. Where exactly is the global warming?

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Since I am in the retail industry . . . no Thanksgiving camp outs for me!

However, two years ago we left on Christmas Day to try out our brand new 2013 Heartland Trail Runner for the first time.

The trailer was winterized, so we didn't use any of the water facilities in the trailer, but got a chance to use everything else!

We had a deep freeze going on around here, and it snowed on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day . . . so that was a fun drive!

We chose an RV park about 35 miles from here in Loveland, Colorado and spent a couple of nights there.

Despite the cold, us and two of our cats had a great time!

Campout2012-PC250007.jpg Campout2012-PC270054.jpg Campout2012Spicy-PC270042.jpg Campout2012SpicyChecksEmail-PC260023.jpg Campout2012-PC260022.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg Campout2012Spicy&Marcy-PC260025.jpg Campout2012CampingWorld-PC270075.jpg

We were thinking about doing another Christmas Day camp out again this year, but decided to head south to the January, 2015 Arizona HOC Rally down near Quartzsite, AZ instead!

SilverRhino

Back a number of years ago when we lived in Florida, we would camp over Thanksgiving weekend. There was a group of 5 families that would drive from Jacksonville up to Georgia for the Holiday. Each family brought sides and deserts and we smoke a turkey.....some of our best tris, and they were all done in a pop-up!

vakthund

We're doing our first Thanksgiving camping. Only going about an hour and half from home base so the rest of the local family can join us for dinner. Took the entire week off and looking forward nice cool low of 30ºF.
Making smoked turkey roulade, butternut squash and brussels sprouts stuffing, horseradish mashed potatoes, lingonberry jam, and open fire cornbread. Someone else can bring the pie(s).

Manzan

We went camping on Thanksgiving the first year we had our first hardside. I bake two Cornish game hens in the oven and baked a pumpkin pie. Don't remember what else but the game hens were delicious and fit in the oven just fine. This was in 1989.
Bruce

gschaaf

We have been camping on thanksgiving for the last 8yrs. We camp in Lancaster PA except for one year we camped with our Heartland family in SC. This year we will be with family and friends about 7 trailers at Country Acres in Lancaster PA. Everyone have a great holiday and be safe. See ya down the road!!!

gschaaf

Thanks John you and the family have a good thanksgiving also. I thought you would be heading to South Carolina!!