The cost of replacement keys

patrick1945

Today I purchased 4 keys for my Bighorn. 2 were entry door (HF314) and 2 were basement door keys (CH751).

The cost for the keys was $10 ($2.50 ea) and an additional $13.99 for UPS Ground. I told them that I wasn't in a big hurry and was told the $13.99 was the cost of UPS Ground and the lowest shipping price.

It will be interesting to see how large a box the 4 keys will come in.

I would have sent them a self-addressed envelope with postage.

GOTTOYS

For a couple bucks more you could have gotten new locks to replace those with the 751 keys. I got mine at Home Depot and installed them in about 5 minutes each. Those locks with the 751 keys might just as well be left open as everybody has a key for em anyhow. Of course the new locks aren't much better. Anybody with a screwdriver can open them. Maybe for that price you'll get the nice ones with the rubber caps on them...

HappyKayakers

That may be the lowest UPS price but I ship CDs via USPS for my small business in padded mailers for 1.75 anywhere in the country. And that includes delivery confirmation. I think some companies just get used to sending out larger orders and don't research options for small orders.

patrick1945

I hope you are correct but...

That may be the lowest UPS price but I ship CDs via USPS for my small business in padded mailers for 1.75 anywhere in the country. And that includes delivery confirmation. I think some companies just get used to sending out larger orders and don't research options for small orders.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
They're going to get your money one way or another. I recently bought a couple of the 314 keys at a dealer............$6 each.
But no shipping. What a deal!
Peace
Dave

patrick1945

I would accept it if Heartland would say $10 for the keys, $2 for the shipping, $1 for the envelope and $10.99 for handling=$23.99.. They think I am stupid or they pay way to much to ship 4 keys. Now I have dropped this and will do something more fun.

They're going to get your money one way or another. I recently bought a couple of the 314 keys at a dealer............$6 each.
But no shipping. What a deal!
Peace
Dave

patrick1945

Got the 4 keys yesterday in a USPS padded envelope with postage of $.61.. The good news is they didn't charge me the quoted $13.99 for "UPS Ground". The total charge was $10 on my credit card. Heartland threw in the postage and the padded envelope. Thanks Heartland.

caissiel

I was at Camping World the other day and every lock on the shelf had the famous CH721, What has the world come to. Any thief can buy a lock and steel all the stuff we have in the basement. Including power plants, chairs, hoses and Electric cords worth 100's.

lwmcguir

The combi locks really make sense for the basement storage doors. Certainly wold slow down or inhibit the casual thief but if one really wants in a good crow bar wouldn't take but one pull. I put a combi on the lading gear switch cover as well to keep a youngster from lowering or raising the coach. They work well and makes it nice not to have the key in hand whenever you want in.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We put Combi-cams on the NT, and then again on the ER. LOVE not having to have a key. Me and those ch751 locks would fight fight fight, every time, almost bending the key trying to get in.