The New Solar Install on Our Bighorn

Fox

This may be perceived as uncouth but what was the total $ damage?
A month or so ago I passed on an estimated $1200 to install an 80W system.

Oregon_Camper

Really enjoyed you video,but in watching I couldn't help but wonder as to how you got all of those bikes to the location,

One on the front of the truck and one on the back of the trailer. I had a custom, 2 receiver, hitch made for the trailer.

- - - Updated - - -

This may be perceived as uncouth but what was the total $ damage?
A month or so ago I passed on an estimated $1200 to install an 80W system.

$1,200 for 80 watts? That is ridiculous! You made a wise decision by walking away from that. If you only want/need 80 watts you could buy a GoPower portable solution for under $400 on Amazon.

https://amzn.to/2H5OZdb

You can get them even cheaper at Harbor Freight, but I am not a fan of their solar solutions. I believe you get what you pay.

rwdennis

Has anyone had to return a life that went bad ? did the company take care of it if so ?
the reason i ask is 10 years is a long time on a battery , i fly rc helicopters and planes and if we get 2 - 4 years we are doing good , they may still work but output will be way down . i know the rv batterys are a different battery than we use , we use up to 200 amp speed controls at 50 volts and can draw over that for a short time .

LBR

It's kind of an omen that this oldie was brought back up...reread all posts including many of my own. Thought I would update our status...

2019 - Phase 1: Ditched the idea of AGMs and let cupid shoot an arrow thru the checking account for 2-200ah LiFeBlue Lithium bluetooth batteries, a 3000W inverter, and a Victron BMS I installed after the RV show in Quartzsite. We are boondockers, but found all the necessary small items to do the desert install in Q...(****** cupid!)

2020 - Phase 2: Purchased 6-210W solar panels, Victron solar controller, and most necessary wire from the Q RV show and we performed the install at our same boondocking spot as last year. Cant express enough about harvesting from the sun... it's FREE (well, almost..)...(****** cupid, another arrow??!!)

2019-20 Sidenote: after having the all.too.familiar.busted.rear.leaf.spring syndrome last Fall, we had 3-8K axles, disc brakes, new slipper-spring kit, and shocks installed here in Q also.... can't wait to do some travelling soon....( #@+/*_ you cupid!)