Thermostat failure?

Tombstonejim

I have a strange one and wounder if anyone has a similar one. I am not on site to look at it. My wife is using it 100 miles away in Tucson. The thermostat led has gone to 32 and she can not change it. She has tried turningit off and on switching heat to cool ect. Turning the AC circuit breaker on and off and it just stays set at 32 and the AC does not work. I suspect a thermostat failure but don't know for sure. Any had one like it. Before I have to drive 200 miles to fix a thermostat. One of these. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/duotherm-heatcool-control-lcd-kit-white/67284

kowAlski631

Ask her if it has a "c" bottom right. That means it's in Celsius mode. Press the up & down at the same time & it will go back to "f". Don't ask how we know!! LOL!

Martha

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Even if it was reading Celcius, it should still be adjustable. Many folks have replaced the old analog thermostats with Hunter digital ones from Walmart for about $20. Pretty simple upgrade.

Lynn1130

In the "Tools" section you can find manuals for different thermostats. There is a reset process that will put things back to start.

kowAlski631

Looked like she was just trying to get the ac to come on. From personal experience your 1st instinct is the thing is broken. Sure we will find out what's going on when there's a follow-up post.

danemayer

Could be a problem with the 12V power to the thermostat or a loose wire. Is there any other 12V gear working? Lights? Refrigerator? Hot water heater on propane?

Tombstonejim

Well................ Guess what it was set to centigrade. and that was the whole problem. Put it back into Fahrenheit mode and it started working. I probably would not have caught that and just replaced it. I suspect that it was set too high for the AC to come on and it was probably close to 90 F inside so the heat did not come on either.

kowAlski631

Glad it was an easy & cheap fix. It had happened to us just a couple of days before your posting, so the problem & cure were fresh in our minds.

Martha