Thermostat Upgrade

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just looked on amazon.com and found a Hunter 42996 ......looks to be the same as the 42999B....except it has a remote control. Only $13 ....... would this one work the same as the 42999B? Remote is not really needed...but.....the $13 price tag is REAL nice!!

Add $5.00 for shipping and waiting a few days for it and it looses its appeal. You can walk into WalMart and pick it up off the shelf (sans remote) for $20.

JohnDar

How do you run the wires for the air and furnace when thre are none?

Rick

If you've got a 3670, you've got the wires :D. When you remove the Dometic thermostat, you're using the ones connected to it, just pull them out of the hole a bit. The only wires you need to add are for the small fan switch you're adding to the Hunter thermostat. One gets attached to the terminal or pin for the circuit board, the other wire gets spliced to the appropriate wire in the wall from the AC. The fan switch does not do anything for the furnace.

ChopperBill

I added the switch and run mine on low almost all the time due to the noise it makes on high. I have yet to have any problems with it freezing up through two hot southern summers... so far. Guess I better count my blessings. :)

Tell ya the truth I cant be much of an influence. We stay at almost 9000 feet all summer long and only stay in AZ in January when its the coldest. Only time I have ever used the AC is when it is at home loading it up. :eek:

mountainlovers76

Mississippi Chapter Leaders
Tell ya the truth I cant be much of an influence. We stay at almost 9000 feet all summer long and only stay in AZ in January when its the coldest. Only time I have ever used the AC is when it is at home loading it up. :eek:

Maybe one day I will be able to retire and join you at that 9000 ft elevation. Until then I will just have to envy you and all the others that can. :rolleyes: For now I just hope my AC holds up under these triple digit temps we are having. :(

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Maybe one day I will be able to retire and join you at that 9000 ft elevation. Until then I will just have to envy you and all the others that can. :rolleyes: For now I just hope my AC holds up under these triple digit temps we are having. :(

It aint the triple digits that get you in the end-it's the triple digit humidity:eek:
As anyone in the deep south will tell you-just ask mountainlovers76:eek: MS invented high humidity and gave it to the rest of us.:D

JohnDar

I seem to recall visiting Vail in the summer several years ago and sweating my arse off. Even on top of the mountain. That and the constant altitude headache. Probably why I hate Coors beer. Half a glass and POW!, hammer to the head.

Jimmyt5

dou-therm button thremostat, has a Mode button to select what you want.

Attachments

• scan0001.jpg
    scan0001.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 48

porthole

Retired
Do you have one of these?

If so can you verify that it will operate both a heat strip and a furnace?

Most of the digital t-stats I found are either for a heat pump or furnace, non list a heat strip.

I guess the odd thing here is that the heat strip is an electric heater but not controlled by line voltage.

Jimmyt5

I have one now in my rig,also had one in my previous rig.It worked great,
fan only,cool,heat pump,furnace,heat strip,and aux heat. Also two zones.

Hope you can read attachment....

Attachments

• scan0001.pdf
    993.3 KB · Views: 60

porthole

Retired
OK, thanks, that helped me find the instructions online.

See attached for those who do not have the full owners manual

Attachments

• Duo Therm t-stat 3108664.032.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 69

billyk21

Just replaced mine last week on by BH3370 with a Dometic Digital. Also have to replace the controll unit for it to work. The Dometic uses a RJ11 connection (Phone Jack), rather than rewire the trailer I just used four of the existing wires from the old thermostat. The new one works great, went from two fan speeds to three.

Bill & Renee' Kaufman
2007 Bighorn 3370
Canton, MI.
Camping Location - Leelanau Pines Campground
Cedar, MI.