Thinking about leaving Heartland

jcarnevale

Thanks to everyone who replied, the good and the bad. That's what forums are all about, finding out what other people think. Don't get me wrong, as I said earlier we love our Sundance, we are just outgrowing it and trying to find the right fifth wheel camper that represents the most value to us. If all things remain equal for the next few years we will be back looking at the cyclone (I personally can't wait, but I am not the only one in the family).

jbeletti

Hey Jim, does your Key Largo have a cable slide system for the bedroom slide? if so is it a BAL?

Yes - the bedroom slide is a cable slide. Not sure if it's BAL or not. Have not heard of other brands of cable slides. But I'm not much in the know on that stuff.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Hopefully not putting a "jinx" on anything but our Accuslide works very well. I believe it is quicker than the hydraulics. They move in such a "positive" manner for lack of a better term. No hesitation or speed changes. I hope they continue to be a reliable piece of equipment!

jcarnevale

Do re-visit Heartland when you're in town to visit the BH and ER lines (separate plants). And bring your camera :)

Hope we can keep you in the family.

Hi Jim,

Are you going to be in the Elkhart area around the 21st or 22nd, I'm going to tour the Bighorn plant. I will be at the Shipshewana Campground North Tuesday night.

Jay

jbeletti

Hi Jim,

Are you going to be in the Elkhart area around the 21st or 22nd, I'm going to tour the Bighorn plant. I will be at the Shipshewana Campground North Tuesday night.

Jay

Sorry Jay - I will be at your state's Chapter rally on those dates! We need you there :) Visit the factory the week before, then join us at the MI rally :)

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
I'm sorry if I repeat something that someone already mentioned but I didn't read all the posts. All I wanted to say was that the Heartland Elkridge has a rear bunk area with separate toilet/sink. There is one parked next to us here at the Wisconsin rally and I toured it yesterday. It was very nice.

jcarnevale

I'm sorry if I repeat something that someone already mentioned but I didn't read all the posts. All I wanted to say was that the Heartland Elkridge has a rear bunk area with separate toilet/sink. There is one parked next to us here at the Wisconsin rally and I toured it yesterday. It was very nice.

We've looked at them, and like the 36 and 37 ultimate, but they are a little bit too heavy for my F250.
Thanks for the reply, have fun at the rally.

wehavefun

If you could find a Bighorn 3800 bunkhouse you would be very pleased. Heartland has decided there is no market for luxury bunkhouse 5th wheels. While I understand their idea of the economy based Silverado it is a Sundance quality unit, not a bad thing, just not a true Bighorn.

We had a Sundance with rear loft and as the kids got bigger and with two girls I needed the 1/2 bath, especially when they take friends. We took out the rear jacknife sofas and installed twin mattress objects each side. Works awesome and is very comfortable.