Thinking of installing a Sleep Number Bed

I am thinking about installing a sleep number bed in our 2015 Landmark 365 Charleston. Anyone else
done this? if so, where did you place the 'air pump'?

Opinions on comfort,,, like it? don't like it?

Went to Sleep number store, they said the 'R5' model, made for RVs, is what
I should be looking at. It is supposed to come with longer air hoses and longer
electrical cords.

Last edited by a moderator:

billk263

California-South Chapter Leaders
We put one in ours. However, we have a queen sized bed. The “control” unit fits nicely next to the bed at the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one at the house and first thing after I bought the 5th wheel was to install one.
Everything fit under the bed.
Great sleeping.
Tom

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We bought one from Camping World that was an "exclusively branded" version of a sleep number bed. I don't see them selling them now. We love ours. Our controller sits on the floor on the far side next to the closet, all the way up against the slide. It doesn't seem to be in the way. We pick it up and put it onto the bed to pull the slide in when traveling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Mike and Janice - we've had one in a Landmark and didn't care for it. That said, I know others who love theirs.

If you go that route, be sure to air it down before traveling into high-elevations.

jimtoo

Several here on the forum have purchased from Lasting Impressions Foam out of Missouri. We are very happy with ours. They are a small company and I was told by them that they don't make it till you order it. Several different thickness and we got the 10".

Jim M

chasdvorak

We recently put a King size Sleep Number in our Big Horn. It was one of the lower end home models. No problem running the pump and hoses. The King is tight near the head of the bed and I might consider trimming or removing the bedside cabinet since I don’t really use it. I’m also thinking about trimming the foam sidewall of the bed where it comes in contact with the cabinet.

We really needed the new mattress since we were sleeping on the stock mattress which was 8 years old and not too comfortable from Day 1. Huge difference and I’m sorry I didn’t upgrade sooner.

Funny story....we were shopping for a mattress for the house and it turned out that the Sleep Number store manager just moved her camper into our seasonal campground. Total coincidence but we ended up buying one for the house and one for the coach.

This was not a cheap upgrade but we’re very satisfied with both sets. Almost any replacement mattress would have been an upgrade in our situation.

Look at a TempurPedic or any quality memory foam mattress. The Sleep Number is an air mattress with a pump.

There is the problem with TempurPedic for both my Wife and I, it is way to hot for us to
sleep on. I sweat all night. I have one at home I am trying to get rid of and one one wants it.
We understand the Sleep Number is and air mattress, we have been to a Sleep Number
store to try them out.

We have had one in our home for 20 years, so when we bought our 2011 Bighorn that was our first purchase. We now have a 2017 and had dealership keep their “new” mattress and transfer ours over. We have a queen bed and pump sits right next to bed on the ledge. We bought a residential mattress and it fits just fine. Wouldn’t have anything else.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BarbandFrank

Another thumbs up for Sleep Number. We put in an RV king Sleep Number in our Landmark and we absolutely love it. We are full time, so a good mattress is important since hubby has back problems. We both sleep very well on this mattress. Our pump sits on the floor alongside the bed on the closet side.

brianlajoie

CW had the R5 on sale that the sleep number store couldn't match (about 9/30/17). The sleep number store said it was a very good deal. We also got the TempaCool MattressTopper that went with it. We have one at home and I rarely need to pump it up, so I usually have the pump unplugged. The store did hand me some chamber caps that will hold the air even better - I don't plan to leave the trailer pump plugged in. The current memory foam mattress has 'lost its mind' because the mattress has permanently sagged.