Thoughts on New Battery

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My current Group 27 battery is 3+ years old and I plan on replacing it before we head out for the SE Rally. Although they are not generally recommended by most, the current battery is a "no name" Deep Cycle/Starter combo battery because it was the only thing available when the original died back in 2011. I'm planning on getting an Interstate Deep Cycle replacement. I have room in my battery box for a Group 29 model. Any advantage in going up to that level or should I just stay with the Group 27? Price difference is nominal. We don't ever do any "dry" camping, but often start the reefer up 10 - 12 hours prior to heading out, so I want to be sure I have plenty of power to operate it without any external charging.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Thanks everyone. Looks like it may just boil down to which one they have in stock. Don't think I need to worry about draining it down too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We went with a Group 29, because we only have a spot for one battery without some major modifications. We have not had battery issues -- though it died in the fight when the converter went out... it was 3 years old. It was an Everstart Maxx29 from WalMart. Replaced with same.