Tight Turn Technology - RV contacted truck cab

CDN

B and B
The tight turn technology does not give you an excuse to not pay attention to how close the corner of your rig is to the cab. If you want to be able to make a tight turn and not pay attention to that get a long bed.

Agreed and based upon where we camp in the forest there are tight turns on unleveled ground. The old you can pay me now or later we bought the sidewinder. Pretty sweet deal actually, dealer bought a bunch of Reese stock from a dealer going out of business.

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
The tight turn technology does not give you an excuse to not pay attention to how close the corner of your rig is to the cab. If you want to be able to make a tight turn and not pay attention to that get a long bed.

Go easy, he is new on the forum and for all we know new to RV'ing.

LBR

Agreed, and nicely put.

I would also like to say that the CY 4250 is a monster TH. With 50 gallons of gas, 100 gallons fresh water, and a weighty toy in the rear.....SRW?

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh

Go easy? That was easy. If this person is new to RVing I just gave solid advice. Are you really trying to tell me that because he may be new he does not need to pay attention to what he is doing?

porthole

Retired
Go easy? That was easy. If this person is new to RVing I just gave solid advice. Are you really trying to tell me that because he may be new he does not need to pay attention to what he is doing?

No, what I'm saying is if he is new there is no reason to be snarky about offering advice.

Alan_B

Bought a new 3570 Big Horn last summer. Sticker on front says "Tight Turn Technology." Recently noticed small dents on rear of truck cab (2016 F250 short bed) on each side of rear window where it appears that the trailer has pushed against the cab when turning sharply. Hitch seems to be placed properly with pin exactly over rear axle. I didn't think I had to worry about this.

I have the same Bighorn with basically the same truck (2017 F350 short box). During my first attempt at backing into a tight spot, I had the DW watch and I came close to contacting the truck cab.

After that, I adjusted the hitch (B&W Companion), moving the hitch head back about 5-6 inches. So far so good.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I have the same Bighorn with basically the same truck (2017 F350 short box). During my first attempt at backing into a tight spot, I had the DW watch and I came close to contacting the truck cab.

After that, I adjusted the hitch (B&W Companion), moving the hitch head back about 5-6 inches. So far so good.

That is why I went with a slider hitch.

I'd rather have it and not need it than to need it . . . and not have it.

PondSkum

during my very first test drive with my RW, I took truck to a parking lot and turned to see how far I could go without contacting. It goes pretty far, so I figured I wouldn't have any issues. I also had my wife check while backing into our driveway, which has a decent ramp up from the street before leveling out, and it's all clear. But I took a sharp turn on a not so smooth gravel parking lot, and I guess the truck or trailer swayed a little and contacted my cab on drivers side rear corner. it's a tiny dent, but definitely a reminder to take it slow when I'm unsure... I even have a slider hitch, but for the most part, don't need to use it...