Time for a new Hitch

sjandbj

I aam looking for some more hitch information. Since the arrival of the new 2017 F-350 the old hitch needs to go and a new one put in it place. I have found three hitches that will fit into the OEM pucks. All three are more than enough for the Big Country I tow. Any input would be helpful especially on the Curt hitch. I have only used the Reese hitch for the last 15 years and never had a problem.
  1. Curt Q24 On sale for $500.00
  2. B&W RVK3300 Aprox $950.00
  3. Reese Elite Aprox $1,400.00
Any input would be welcome.

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by a moderator:

LBR

I aam looking for some more hitch information. Since the arrival of the new 2017 F-350 the old hitch needs to go and a new one put in it place. I have found three hitches that will fit into the OEM pucks. All three are more than enough for the Big Country I tow. Any input would be helpful especially on the Curt hitch. I have only used the Reese hitch for the last 15 years and never had a problem.
  1. Curt Q24 On sale for $500.00
  2. B&W RVK3300 Aprox $950.00
  3. Reese Elite Aprox $1,400.00
Any input would be welcome.

Thanks
Steve
I have the Q24 and it works fine. I liked the price point, quality, hitched/no hitched visual colorings, etc....no ill complaints with mine....good luck with your final choice.

pegmikef

I have the Reese Elite. Fits perfectly, no problems in 33K plus miles of towing. Easy to hitch and unhitch. Easy to remove and install. Check around and you might find it a little cheaper. I paid 1200 about four years ago and I don't think they have gone up that much. Here's one I found. I have a Moryde pinbox and have no chucking and only slight sway in very strong winds.

http://www.etrailer.com/Fifth-Wheel...qHMAEFnC_dOVEPhv2PEI7I68G4ZFNsaqTuRoCQ33w_wcB

Oregon_Camper

We put the B&W in our F-350 and I love it. If you want to take it out, it comes apart into 2 pieces....easy to carry...not too heavy.

I've seen some folks on here have wenches installed in garage to lift their hitch out. I can do it alone in about 3-5 mins.

Jv75353

I have the Curt Q24 for two years no problems, works great. It also has a 10 year warranty. It can be broken down into two pieces which makes easy to remove and install.

happykraut

I have the 24k B & W Companion with the puck system and absolutely love it. Quality all the way. My previous two Reese's could not compare to it. The going price was when I bought it was $1195.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
We put the B&W in our F-350 and I love it. If you want to take it out, it comes apart into 2 pieces....easy to carry...not too heavy.

I've seen some folks on here have wenches installed in garage to lift their hitch out. I can do it alone in about 3-5 mins.

My sentiments exactly OC. That is exactly why I have the B&W in my F-350. I like the two piece separation for removing and reinstalling.

Alan_B

Ditto. I am very happy with the B&W Companion in my 2017 F-350. Be sure to re-torque the hitch bolts and check the puck lock arms after the first tow.

TomEgenes

Founding Montana Chapter Leaders-retired
I like my Anderson hitch it mounts on the goose ball of our 2016 Dodge Ram 3500 short box. We used to have a B&W but I went for the Anderson because of the weight (only 32 Pounds) and the extreme 90 degree turning. I put it on my landmark We have had no problems or no bucking or chucking when pulling I hang it on the garage wall when not in use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lynn1130

+1 on the Anderson. I have not made a long trip with it yet but so far, with short pulls around town I am impressed.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wonder if the rail-mount Anderson would mount to my Reese Slider rails . . . :confused:

TruckRubberMat-P1010995.jpg

This thing is too heavy to take out by myself . . .

TomEgenes

All you need is a goose ball my truck came with a hole for the goose ball it looks like you would have to put in a B&W turnover ball The Anderson does not mount on rails

TomEgenes

JonnD
My mistake according to the website the ultimate hitch2 will attached to industry standard rails I would contact him with the picture you have not asked them if it will work

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
All you need is a goose ball my truck came with a hole for the goose ball it looks like you would have to put in a B&W turnover ball The Anderson does not mount on rails

[JohnD: The Anderson has two types of gooseball hitch...the older versions does use a bed rail system...the New Ultimate 2 and it's earlier version has the rail system built into the Hitch assembly. ]

Lynn1130

What? The Anderson Ultimate does mount on standard rails. That is where mine is mounted.IMG_0153.JPG

Still have that problem with photos coming in sideways but you get the idea.

The Ultimate has the "tabs" to mount to the rails but does not have it's own "rail system"

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Lynn:

My post stated the Ultimate 2 no longer used bed rails....the picture you show is an older Ultimate....they still make both types...but the Ultimate 2 which I use is an all inclusive system. Go back to the Ultimate thread and you will see the newer version with pictures shown.