Time for a new Hitch

Lynn1130

Ok but I am confused because I do not think we were talking about anything but the rail mount. The picture that I show is the one and only rail model and is the one shown on Anderson's page and sold by all vendors. We are probably talking apples and oranges here since I never include non-rail in my conversation.

From what I can see Anderson only offers two hitches rail and non rail. A 3200 and 3220.

I did some further looking and I can't find any other Anderson hitches currently sold and since I just purchased the one in the photo I am trying to understand how it is "older" as it is the only rail model sold.

Sorry to keep adding to this but I did find a model 3225 which is exclusively gooseneck.

Last edited:

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Had one and will never go back! My wife had one and my oldest daughter and both dumped them too.

Then you will have to get used to upside down and sideways photos . . .

It's an iPhone thing.

Also, most of the new digital cameras now have wifi or bluetooth (Nikon) . . .

Androids connect just by touching the two together (NFC) where iPhones are a major PITA to connect and most people just give up.

Lynn1130

Actually it is a software issue. Windows based programs, like the one used on this site do not recognize the photo orientation line in Apple's software. In this case Apple has embedded a line that positions the photo for the way you hold the phone and others are behind in development. It began around IoS 4 with Iphones and other programs are still in the 90's.

I have not found the perfect phone yet. They are all pretty much a PITA but Android, IMHO, is out of touch.

And there are apps to correct it. I just have not taken the time to load one.

danemayer

In this case Apple has embedded a line that positions the photo for the way you hold the phone and others are behind in development. It began around IoS 4 with Iphones and other programs are still in the 90's.

Lynn, you probably have heard the saying - if you're leading but no one is following, you're just out taking a walk.

BigGuy82

I aam looking for some more hitch information. Since the arrival of the new 2017 F-350 the old hitch needs to go and a new one put in it place. I have found three hitches that will fit into the OEM pucks. All three are more than enough for the Big Country I tow. Any input would be helpful especially on the Curt hitch. I have only used the Reese hitch for the last 15 years and never had a problem.
  1. Curt Q24 On sale for $500.00
  2. B&W RVK3300 Aprox $950.00
  3. Reese Elite Aprox $1,400.00
Any input would be welcome.

Thanks
Steve

I have an Elite and it is difficult to imagine how any hitch would do better. I use it on a 2016 F350 with pucks - perfect fit and easy to remove if you separate the head from the base (2 pins). Smooth operation, flawless engagement. Couple it with a Flex Air pin box and you have an absolutely unbeatable ride.

$1400 sounds a bit high - shop around. You've had a good run with Reese - an important point to consider.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sjandbj

Well a decision has been made. A new B&W companion is on the way from eTrailer (cheapest price i could find with free shipping. $901.00). I was moved by the company videos and the release system. Now we just wait for the delivery. Thanks everyone for the help and information.

Steve

Oregon_Camper

Well a decision has been made. A new B&W companion is on the way from eTrailer (cheapest price i could find with free shipping. $901.00). I was moved by the company videos and the release system. Now we just wait for the delivery. Thanks everyone for the help and information.

Steve

You're going to LOVE it!! :cool: