Time for some new blood (moderators) around here?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
John - I thought you said "enough said" and still you are ranting. We understand that you feel frustrated but .....

OK . . . enough said!

When you have issues (most especially issues that shouldn't be issues) . . . let us all know how that works out for you!

I'm done.

I posted an issue in another topic thread earlier today and it was completely deleted . . . enough said!

End of story!

MTPockets

I can understand the frustration of being ignored. Example being my issue with the flimsy roof ladders that I and many others had posted about. Heartland owners were helpful in giving advice on how they fixed or made their ladder more stable, but it was many months before Anyone from Heartland presented a cure; and that was only on new production. Those of us with the flimsy ladders either gave up, or fixed it at our own expense. Thus, the frustration. Even when mine was still in warranty, and since it was just flimsy, not actually broken, no assistance for a cure was given except by other owners. I believe this is the type of frustration if you've not experienced, you really don't understand. I do believe in civility and keeping it calm, but it's hard to keep it in when you know your fighting city hall.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yes it has disappeared because I asked for your postings to be moved to this thread.
And yes - we have had some issues with the 4 Heartland products that we have owned over the 10 years, one being a biggie but have approached it calmly both here on the forum and with Heartland Corporate office, having all issues resolved. Yes we might have had to pay some labor cost, etc but Heartland has come thru for the majority. As said before - we understand you are frustrated but continually bashing the moderators and Heartland Corporation doesn't do you any good.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Yes it has disappeared because I asked for your postings to be moved to this thread.
And yes - we have had some issues with the 4 Heartland products that we have owned over the 10 years, one being a biggie but have approached it calmly both here on the forum and with Heartland Corporate office, having all issues resolved. Yes we might have had to pay some labor cost, etc but Heartland has come thru for the majority. As said before - we understand you are frustrated but continually bashing the moderators and Heartland Corporation doesn't do you any good.

It seems that my original topic and another topic have been merged together, so the whole thread has been taken away from the original intent!

Sorry for the confusion.

DocFather

Re: Tail of The Dragon US 129

I don't know what options the software allows. Perhaps someone else does know if it is an option, and if so, why it's been set the way it is set. Perhaps it's just the default for the software.

But let me take a guess. I'm pretty sure the forum uses a SQL database to store all posts, pictures, links, etc. Every time you open a thread, it's doing a quick search of the database using index pointers to the actual location of the information in the database. Each thread is likely a conglomeration of separate data elements all retrieved together via a complex search, where the complexity is hidden from the user. I'd guess that by closing old threads, the number of records that have to be indexed is significantly reduced, the number of items to be search is reduced, and time to open a thread is improved. If that's right, then by not closing old threads, the forum will over time get slower and sloowwer, and sloooowwwwerrr.

Just my guess - I could be completely wrong.

The function of automatically deleting old threads is almost ALWAYS an ADMIN/HOST variable. I have been the ADMIN of Forums with 3-4 thousand users. We never closed any threads (makes no sense to do so) unless the disrespect was too great (Ughh! Bikers with disrespect? HA! HA!) :mad:

jbeletti

Re: Why do these Heartland forums exist?

Okay - let's agree that John has made his point. And with several "enough saids" - let's manually close this one now. Happy Spring Camping everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.