Time to change out original tires

Dumboldles

Thinking it’s getting to that five year time period and looking to replace my g rated sailums. Are Sailums still the brand to go to? I’m satisfied with that Sailums that came with my coach and will probably go with this same brand unless there is a comparable alternative I should consider.

Also wondering what brand of tires are currently being used for LM, BH, and BC’S coming out of the factory?

Thanks.

Dumboldles

Last edited:

Jaylo

I put a set of sailuns on mine last fall. I am very pleased with them.

I just replaced my Sailuns with new Sailuns. Mine where 5 years old, had about 35,000 miles on them, and I never had any problems with them, so why change. They are rated fairly high and they are over $100 per tire less than the Goodyear equilivent.
Stick with the Sailuns!!! Your trailer and wallet will love you!!

pjones1969

I stayed with Sailuns as well, just changed ours, we had a spring hanger failure when we arrived at the factory in Elkhart at the beginning of October to have some work done, due to the original tires being 4+ years old and the hanger failure we decided to go ahead and replace all of them, we bought from simpletire.com and they arrived in 2 days

RVFun4Us

My Sailun tires are dated Nov 2015 so also time for a change. Will change out in the spring before next travels. I know Techno RV sells them as well as Simple Tire. Haven't compared price differences yet. Understand Discount Tire also may have them in stock. If I order on-line, will have to choose an installer in the local area (Bend, Oregon). Current tires have about 13,500 miles on them. Happy with the Sailuns.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I’ve been researching as well, ours are dated 2015. Going back with Sailuns just haven’t pulled the trigger yet, but will be before our next big trip in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk