time to re caulk

Bobby A

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before but was wondering what caulk is everyone using now days. I think whats on my coach is the Sikaflex 521, should I stay with that product or is there something else that everyone is using now that is better. Thanks in advance, Bobby A

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I just redid my roof caulking last week with the Dicor Self-Leveling Lap Seal caulk. Thanks to Dicor at Goshen, a good part of it was free! Stuff flows out nicely, especially after tooling it a bit wet with a plastic putty knife. Just wash the old stuff, dry, and apply right over.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Bobby the 521 is no longer made , replacement is Sikaflex 505uv. I tried Geocel Proflex Rv and I didn't like it ,was to hard to work with for me. I found the 505 cheapest at Camping World at the time was on sale but still not cheap , think was $ 9.39 a tube.

Bobby A

Yes John I have used the Dicor self leveling and it does work GREAT for the roof areas. I was talking mostly about the sidewall and trim areas. Thanks Ken on the info for the 505, that's what I will be looking for. Jon and Patti that stuf from BASF does look interesting.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Bobby, I've been using BOSS 378 for the sides and trim. Got it from International RV in Gaylord. Works really well.