Tire pressure and comments on Goodyear G614's

jnbhobe

If you have to buy wheels I would go to 17.5 wheels and tires. It will be the same money with a lot more capacity.

porthole

Retired
Is everybody using G614s changing rims, or are the OEM rims capable of running at 110 psi?

Scott
Easy way to check with factory wheels (although not perfect)- how many spokes 5 = 80 psi, 8 = 110 psi wheels.
FWIW, my wheels, as well as others here, are not marked on the inside.

And with Jon's rec, 17.5's will be about the same price and a HD tire, if you have to buy wheels.

Since you have 6 to deal with, I would consider just upgrading the tires. You have an extra axle that kind of negates the gain with the 17.5's
You'll never take advantage of the 28,000 pound capacity 6 17.5's will give you. Running them at the lowest recommended pressure of 90 psi will still give 22K of load capacity.

scottyb

Scott
Easy way to check with factory wheels (although not perfect)- how many spokes 5 = 80 psi, 8 = 110 psi wheels.
FWIW, my wheels, as well as others here, are not marked on the inside.

Mine are 8 spoke. I couldn't fing the pressure rating on back of mine either.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
You can also call Tredit, the wheel provider, have your vin handy and maybe a pic, and they can tell you what the weight limits and Max PSI your wheels have.

scottyb

You can also call Tredit, the wheel provider, have your vin handy and maybe a pic, and they can tell you what the weight limits and Max PSI your wheels have.

Thanks for that bit of information. I found the website and the wheels http://www.tredittire.com/T07-8-Spoke-P73.aspx > The 8 - 6.5" are 3750, the same as the G614's are rated. Not sure if there is a correlation with PSI. Hopefully they will email me back tomorrow.

scottyb

I got a quick reply from Tredit.

Good Morning -

As long as your wheels are rated for 3750#, they are rated for the 110 psi that the 3750# tires require. The T07 is rated for 3750# so you can mount the Goodyear G614 tires on those wheels.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Thank you and have a great day!

Cyndi Huxhold

Inside Sales / Warranty
Tredit Tire & Wheel Co.
574-293-0581 x163
800-537-2925 sales
866-443-9907 warranty

Although, I could put the G614's on these wheels, I am going a different direction. I am replacing the OEM's with Michelin XPS Ribs. Again, thanks for everyone's help.

lwmcguir

Mine are 8 spoke. I couldn't fing the pressure rating on back of mine either.
Most wheels are stamped inside where you can always see it without dirt covering the stamping. Many 8 spoke are 80 psig rated however most aftermarket are 110 psig.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Thanks for that bit of information. I found the website and the wheels http://www.tredittire.com/T07-8-Spoke-P73.aspx > The 8 - 6.5" are 3750, the same as the G614's are rated. Not sure if there is a correlation with PSI. Hopefully they will email me back tomorrow.

They are actually made by Tire Co in China. Tredittire is just a distributor for them. And yes, the T07 is rated for 110psi as that one fellow said.

But from what I found. A person is better off spending a few dollars more when you can get 17.5 Hi-Spec Alu wheel and Cooper Road Masters for $460 vs the G614 for $325 from trailertiresandwheels.com