Tire pressure

Dylan

I was told that you should keep your tires on the trailer at max level, meaning 110 psi cold, for our 3670RL. My question is pertaining to the pressure on the truck tires, on an F350, and the tires say 80 psi max, cold. Going on our first decent haul in two days, six hour ride. Right now the rear tires on the truck are at 80, and the fronts are around 56. Seemed to ride fine on the last short trip, but I'm wondering what others think, although I know it's a topic for what can be too much discussion.

bighorn3370

I would put more in the front. You do not want to run them low and have the tires overheat. On my F250, I keep 60 in the front and 55 in the rear when not towing. I put 80 on all four when towing. I got 93,000 miles on the factory tires before I needed to change them. I also never had a tire problem. Just my 2 cents. Ernie

aatauses

We have a BH 3670 and keep 110# in the trailer. In the truck (chev 3500 dually), we run 80# in the rear and 72-75# in the front.
al

DW_Gray

First, check to see if there is an additional placard on your truck or in your owners manual that recommends tire pressure for unloaded condition. I know Dodge Ram does. And second, there is a good writeup here: http://fifthwheelst.com/step5.htm If you run your rear tires max pressure during unloaded conditions, most likely the tires will wear the center prematurely. Also there is an article covering tire wear patterns and tread depth: http://fifthwheelst.com/tire-wear-patterns.htm

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I run 70 psi front and 80 psi in the rear whether I am towing or not. Depends on what you do with your truck when you are not towing. If you run your truck unloaded all the time when not towing then I would drop the rear to about 60 when not towing but if you use your truck for hauling or keep it loaded with a full tool box I would leave it at 80.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Run the trailer at 110 psi. After getting weighed by RVSEF, they recommended keeping the rear duallies at the recommended pressure on the truck label, but bumping the fronts to 70 to take care of a slight overload on them. Label was 60 in the rears and 66 in the front.

pegmikef

I go with the door label on my F250, 80 in the rear, 65 in the front. I find nothing that says I should change them when not towing, but then that is only about ten percent of the time.