Tired Of High Gas Prices?

svd

I don't think high sulphur will damage engines built after 1/1/07, but it will poison exhaust after treatment systems (catalyst).

Uncle Rog

Howdy, I have customer who owns several Del Taco restaurants and he has a never ending supply of used oil, the only draw back for him is that the truck will not start on the veg oil, he has to start with real fuel, warm up the engine and then switch over......

tdharley

Why did I always think NY was high. I just paid 2.64 today.

One good thing about being in business is that my fuel comes off the top. When tax time comes I made less money due to the fuel prices so I pay less taxes on the bottom line.

Is that warped thinking or what, thats what I tell myself every time I fill up.

happyrover

Tom of Ypsi said:
BluegrassMan, Well said. The key word in your whole message is VOTE. It is our right as Americans to vote. We have soldiers dying in other countries trying to help the people of those countries with their right to vote. We as Americans should be ashamed of ourselves for not getting out to vote when so many others in this world do not have that priviledge.

Tom, I agree totally with you and Bluegrass man. I found that after 21 years in the military, there are other people in the world who have no idea what voting really is all about. I spent 27 months in Iran and they sure didn't know. Unfortunately, trying to teach others about democracy just doesn't work because they have no idea what it is. Let's get our troops home, NOW.

ct0218

svd said:
I don't think high sulphur will damage engines built after 1/1/07, but it will poison exhaust after treatment systems (catalyst).

True, it doesn't damage the engine, but it will clog (ruin), and disable, the new particulate filter. When that happens the engine shuts down, and you go nowhere. That soot filter is quite expensive to replace, I understand it adds over $1000 to the price of the new trucks. When soot builds up to a certain level the exhaust cleans itself by very high heat generation. The same principle when unleaded fuel first appeared, and some people put regular leaded gas in their cars, and the catalytic converter died.
As far as the offroad diesel not being as fresh as regular diesel, I posed the question to the station I fuel at. I was told that they get a tanker weekly of regular diesel. Offroad is topped off periodically, but she said that they use less than a tank full over a 2 month period, and its a smaller tank. I would guess that in a farming area the fuel may be somewhat fresher, but out of those areas it may well be older.