Tires for Sundance

Bernie55

Will be replacing my Missons tires soon.. ST 235/ 80R16E...I see GY 614 mention often, but rated for 110 psi, my tires are 80 psi....Help

branson4020

Icantre Member
If your wheels are rated for 110 PSI, then you have that choice. Mine were, but I went with the Maxxis (80 psi) instead of springing for the more expensive Goodyears.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Our rims were only rated for 80psi, we went with Maxxis this past fall. So far, great!

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Maxxis also. The G614 and Michelin Ribs would not fit beside being 110psi. Maxxis were the same circumference as the original ones. The others would have touched.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I think that they are made in Thailand but to American standards. I ordered them from Maxxis direct and had them shipped to my dealer and they installed them. There was no charge for shipping. They came out of Savannah Ga.

I replaced mine with the Maxis three weeks ago. Had them filled with nitrogen (THE ONLY WAY TO GO, LESS EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION). Just got back from Gulf Shores. Love them and the nitrogen.

branson4020

Icantre Member
I replaced mine with the Maxis three weeks ago. Had them filled with nitrogen (THE ONLY WAY TO GO, LESS EXPANSION AND CONTRACTION). Just got back from Gulf Shores. Love them and the nitrogen.

I cannot let this nonsense be propagated. Any high school physics text will explain that ALL GASES expand and contract at the same rate.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
My tire man told me to not waste my money on nitrogen and he sells it. He said it is a waste of money on a trailer. Remember the first time you have to add pressure to it and use regular air you have contaminated the nitrogen. Do you carry a nitrogen tank with you?

GOTTOYS

Plain air is 79% nitrogen...If they filled your tires with Nitrogen then did they first pull them down with a vacuum pump to enable them to fill them with 100% Nitrogen?? Pretty hard to sell me on the Nitrogen myth..JMHO...Don