Tires on my 2012 Road Warrior 5th wheel

Toterhome

I bought the unit used this spring. Tires were worn some. Mostly left side front and rear, right side rear only. So I need to get new tires and wanted to use the spare as a replacement. I am concerned that I should maybe not use the same brand as they don't seem to be holding up. I put 1,500 miles on this year and that is average. Can I replace just bad ones with better tires? Do I need to change them all? Can I mix and match tires or should each axle be the same? I have towmaster 235 R80 16 that came with it.

Where is the best place to purchase?
THANKS GANG

Bones

Nothing states you can't mix and match tires. The only things you need to consider. The tread depth needs to be extremely close and the overall tire diameter on all four tires needs to be similar. If one tire is larger or has a significant tread depth difference it can offset the axle and cause loading differences. Same thing from front to rear is an axle can have slightly more load.

GOTTOYS

Typically trailer tires get too old to use before they wear out. If they are wearing unevenly, first get a proper wheel alignment at a big truck truck/trailer suspension shop. That will correct any uneven wear problems for a couple hundred bucks. RV dealers are not equipped to do this. Second, replace all those junk Towmaster poor quality Chinese tires with some decent tires before one or more of them blows out and takes part of the side of your trailer with it. Toss the spare as well. There are countless tire threads on this forum. Some suitable replacements would be any American made LT tire in the 235/85/16 size, or the Maxxis or the Goodyear G614 or the popular Sailun G series. May not be what you want to hear, but it's the cost of doing business...Don