Tires

hogan

Past Mississippi Chapter Leader (Founding)
I am also a fan of Sailun tires. You can find them by contacting TBC based in Memphis, TN. They are the US importer and distributor.

mytruc

I have a 2012 3670RL. Since April 2, 2013 I have had one tire I caught with a big bulge on the side of the tire a one blew apart 4 months later with damage to the coach. These tires have less than 5000 miles on thtedem. These a the Power Max ST235/80/16r. The service repr. suggested going to a 14 ply tire since I travel alot now that we are retired. I have also contacted Heartland and was told that these tires were within specs. These tires are good for 3024 lbs per tire and the camper weighs 12000 empty. That doesn't allow for to many extras things to carry. He also said that the tongue wt. was 2000lbs so we were good to go. I am changing to a g rated tire. You need to make sure that your rims support the 3750 lbs the tire carrys.

slborba

03svtcobra: Where can I find the "tire specification sticker" on my Monticello? I just bought a 2007 Landmark Monticello. The tires on it are 235/80R16 "E".

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Slborba, you can look on the off door side exterior. There may be a sticker there. Read all the fine print.
There may also be a sticker in one of the kitchen cabinets. Probably on the outside wall.

Peace
Dave

DW_Gray

03svtcobra: Where can I find the "tire specification sticker" on my Monticello? I just bought a 2007 Landmark Monticello. The tires on it are 235/80R16 "E".

What more are you asking for? The max PSI and load weight (lbs.) is written on the tire's sidewall. As far as tire inflation pressure, always inflate trailer tires to the maximum allowed by the tire, assuming the wheel is properly matched for the maximum air pressure. For your tires, I think, the inflation pressure should be 80 psi.

TireHobby

Thanx all. I am trying to post a pic of the tread separation for all to see and yes Tow Max is the tire. As per dealer and tire manufacture as well as Goodyear and other materials, tire pressure is maintained at 80 psi cold. This was recommended due to the load range on the tire being maxed for the trailer. I have always been a tire nut, that is how I cought the other three tires beginning to separate. I check them all the time to make sure they are wearing correctly and have the correct pressure. The tire never blew out. As the pic shows it came apart as if it was a recap. When I got off the road you could still hear the hissing of the air being released. I have filed a claim with Dynamic, which is the Tire Company. I received the estimate for the damage at $5500.00

RV trailer manufacturers - like car manufacturers - will give you lots of information about your trailer but seldom tell you the specifics about how that information is applied.

The published specs for your trailer lists your axles as 7000#. That's most likely a true statement. You can look on the axles tag to confirm it. However, the trailer manufacturer can reduce that 7000# figure to make the axles fit the trailer's design specs. So, I suspect your axles are rated at 6750#. You can verify that by looking at the trailer's certification label. It's found externally on the forward left side of the trailer. The GAWR is the figure used to select tire & rim fitment for your trailer. It's the only value used for those fitments.

http://www.heartlandrvs.com/index.p...BC&i=BC+3596RE&view=floorplans&fcmd=showfplan

TH

nvwll

Just want to add my recent experience - Power King tires are inadequate for the larger rigs - found 2 tires with bubbles within 2 weeks of each incident. Fortunately both were on the exterior wall - easily seen as we did our "walk around". Hate to visualize the damage to the slide outs had the bubbles been on the inside wall. I believe these tires need to be documented to NTSHA they are not 3500# tires.

Attachments

• Bubble 2 002.jpg
    Bubble 2 002.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 186
  • Bubble 1 001.jpg
    Bubble 1 001.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 186

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I have a 2012 3670RL. Since April 2, 2013 I have had one tire I caught with a big bulge on the side of the tire a one blew apart 4 months later with damage to the coach. These tires have less than 5000 miles on thtedem. These a the Power Max ST235/80/16r. The service repr. suggested going to a 14 ply tire since I travel alot now that we are retired. I have also contacted Heartland and was told that these tires were within specs. These tires are good for 3024 lbs per tire and the camper weighs 12000 empty. That doesn't allow for to many extras things to carry. He also said that the tongue wt. was 2000lbs so we were good to go. I am changing to a g rated tire. You need to make sure that your rims support the 3750 lbs the tire carrys.

Heartland used to put G-rated 110 psi tires on the 3670 (like mine are), but some whiz-bang engineer figured E-rated were good enough. The 12000 dry weight is bogus. We don't full time and weigh in at 14575, yet the rig is rated to 16000. Pin is 2950 lbs as weighed by RVSEF.

wdk450

Just want to add my recent experience - Power King tires are inadequate for the larger rigs - found 2 tires with bubbles within 2 weeks of each incident. Fortunately both were on the exterior wall - easily seen as we did our "walk around". Hate to visualize the damage to the slide outs had the bubbles been on the inside wall. . . . .

I do my pre-departure tire walk around while setting up my TPMS (and removing wheel chocks) by unscrewing and reconnecting each tire TPMS sensor. This gives an alarm for each tire and tells me its current inflation pressure. I am right next to the tires so I look at the tread and sidewalls, along with the suspension components. I then look across to the other side's tires to look at the inner sidewalls and suspension components. I repeat the process on the other side of the trailer.

Sandpirate69

17.5" rims with Goodyear G114 thats the solution. I've posted about this before & won't waste anyone elses time. If you dont change tires after readi g a thousand one post on this subject, then I hope you have plenty of patience & no where to go. Merry Christmas

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk