Titan Disc Brake Experience

teasac69

Not sure what is permitted and what is NOT in the way of endorsing products but I want to share my recent experience.

I met The Titanguy at the Dallas RV show in September and have long been wanting disc brakes on my coach. Dry weight on my 3875 BH is 13,800 and you and I both know if it is loaded for bear it is going to come in near 15k. I wanted disc brakes on it from the start.

When we met and talked and I got to look over his hardware, we agreed to put on a set at an upcoming rally scheduled nearby. (Bullard, TX).

We used the "kit" that he provides for 8 lug wheels and 7 or 8 k axles. (depending on the serial number he can get the specs from Dexter and get the exact stuff). The install went very well in my opinion but I also am now a believer that you better be a fairly accomplished DIY'er if you're going to order the kit and do it yourself totally from scratch. You also better get a buddy along. (the installed price ain't a bad deal)

Your going to need some muscle, decent understand of wiring and do some pulling up to the pin box to join the 7 way. You're going to need some patience and knowledge of bending steel brake line material. You will need some decent tools to break down the old, and install the new gear. hi temp bearing grease, brake fluid (DOT 3 or 4) and some time to spend making it come out right. Remember you are putting brakes on your coach and would like for it to be able to stop in a pinch.

The install did go well but we cheated a little bit when his installer showed up and helped us out. However, I did my share and I'm not well abled any more with back troubles.

Tricks to know are the use of the spacer on the axle mounting bracket (use or not to use) and whether to run the lines down the frame channel or up in the belly. I've seen both and we ran mine up inside.

Great gear, works very well, I left Bullard and went to Louisiana then returned to Texas and toured a bit before we returned home. About 350 miles on them so probably should be broken in good by now but know they will get a little better with some wear.

I love them, the extra stopping power, quick response, peace of mind they are going to be there when I need to STOP !!!! Highly recommend if you are thinking about disc brakes to consider Titan and talk to Ron, who is the Titanguy on our forum and then compare to your brand/deal.

Titanguy

It was great spending some time with you and the HOC in Bullard, had a great time. See you in Branson, if not before.