To Much Money To RV?

FiremanBill

I tell everyone I'm spending my kids' inheritance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My father in law did that a few years back, he had bought himself a brand new Jeep and I came over to put running boards on it for him. While I was there he called his son and said I need you to come over to the house and look at your inheritance, it's sitting in the driveway!

pegmikef

Many years ago, we and three other couples rented a large houseboat on Lake Powell, Utah for a couple of weeks. While enroute to Lake Powell we spent the night in one of the couple's fancy motor home that seemed like it might beyond their means as he was a young fireman in Arlington, Tx and our incomes were pretty comparable. Later we were discussing our children and he said to us . . "early on in our marriage we had to decide whether we wanted children, or material things" . . and then said "how do you like our motor home?" I thought that summed it up pretty well.

Kbvols

Yep my dad's motto was a fool and their money are soon departed....I bought it...now i'am thinking its time to be a fool before I depart.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottyb

"early on in our marriage we had to decide whether we wanted children, or material things" . . and then said "how do you like our motor home?"

I resemble that remark. I watched 2 uncles work themselves into the dirt building their businesses, never taking time off, never buying anything or doing anything fun. Both sold out their businesses and became financially independent, and both were dead within 3 years.

Birchwood

I think anyone can enjoy the rV lifestyle regardless of their resources.I don't have a Prevost but can play a great game of golf .

travlingman

I resemble that remark. I watched 2 uncles work themselves into the dirt building their businesses, never taking time off, never buying anything or doing anything fun. Both sold out their businesses and became financially independent, and both were dead within 3 years.

Years ago watched my dad turn 62 laying in ICU and fill out his retirement papers. He had worked his butt off his whole life and had done well from where he had started. He never got to see his first check come in the mail. Hope the hospital enjoyed his retirement savings. I realized then that there is no promise there is a tomorrow so you better enjoy today.

chaplady

I have found its not the what I have but the who I spend the time with. Heartland friends are very valuable making me a very rich rv er. Bill

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Years ago watched my dad turn 62 laying in ICU and fill out his retirement papers. He had worked his butt off his whole life and had done well from where he had started. He never got to see his first check come in the mail. Hope the hospital enjoyed his retirement savings. I realized then that there is no promise there is a tomorrow so you better enjoy today.

So true. 35 yrs ago my mother passed over at age 59. She and my father were planning retirement as she had one more year to teach. They had just upgraded the camper and bought a new truck for their adventures together but was not to be. Since then we have always done what we've done because we may not be here tomorrow.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
There are those who are NASCAR drivers/owners/crew chiefs etc, who have a driver for their motor home and tow a trailer for the MH driver quarters.

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
We were in a campground one night and this huge MH pulled in beside while I was BBQ'ing. The fellow came and we chatted for a while then he mentioned they were Fulltimers but considering selling and going back to a stick house. I queried this and he said they were quitting because it was getting too expensive to eat out. Lynne & I wondered if this 300K plus MH didn't have a stove, we just laughed. Doug

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
That's funny. When we're at our rig, we eat out maybe once each week.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We were in a campground one night and this huge MH pulled in beside while I was BBQ'ing. The fellow came and we chatted for a while then he mentioned they were Fulltimers but considering selling and going back to a stick house. I queried this and he said they were quitting because it was getting too expensive to eat out. Lynne & I wondered if this 300K plus MH didn't have a stove, we just laughed. Doug

We see that a lot when we're traveling. I can understand if you're only out for a week or so on vacation that you eat out most nights but we try to maintain our normal meal routine. Yes it's expensive plus I'd eat too much and turn into a rolly-polly. Just sayin!!!

scottyb

I like to spend as many nights as possible at locations where eating out is not possible or feasible.