Tonneau cover?

Yianni

I also have the Roll N Loc cover on my 2500 GMC. I went with the remote option because it's easier for my wife when she has her hands full. It's nice because you just push the button once and the cover rolls until it opens or you stop it. Like the automatic window function on most cars. My hitch fits under it and it will lock anywhere so I close it up to the hitch when towing.
I have never seen customer service like theirs. A few weeks ago the cover jumped off the track so I called the factory to see what to do. They said they had a fix and would I like to do it myself or have their rep. do it. I said you guys do it. 2 days later they sent a whole new improved motor unit and sent a rep. from Kansas City, MO to me in California and he did the install in my driveway. Unbelievable. And on top of that, he said my 3 year warranty would start new from that day. I've owned it for almost 2 years already.
I like being able to lock things away securely in the back so it is a very good cover for that.
I would buy one again.

Boca_Shuffles

I am very close to buying a tonneau cover, but before I do I better check in with the experts. I am leaning towards the Extang Tri-Fold, which is a hard cover that folds back to allow access to the hitch. Thoughts?
I have the Extang Tri-Fold on my GMC 2008 Dually, long bed. I have not had any problems with the cover folded up while towing (knock on wood). I had about two inches of clearance when I tested a 89 degree turn on level ground. I am not sure about 89 degree turns on uneven ground.

There is no problem what so ever when I am going straight and 30-45 degree turns. I have my Reese 16K hitch on the top position, but I would have it that way even without the cover on. The hitch is enclosed without any problems when the cover is extended.

I do not have a tool box/gas tank.

Having a hard cover that is lockable is a plus for me.

Since I am moving the BH tomorrow, I'll take some pictures.

wyleyrabbit

Tom, that would be great. Would love to see the pictures.

My understanding is that this cover is very easy to remove as well, so I suppose I could just fold it up and put it in the basement if I had an issue...right?

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have a Snug Tight hard (fiberglass) cover that I had on my Red Ford Longbed 1999 model. I would be willing to part with it if anyone is interested PM me.

Boca_Shuffles

These are the pictures of the Extang Tri-Fold installed on a 2008 GMC.

The cover attaches by two rail hooks in the front panel and two spring loaded rail hooks in the rear panel. The hooks are located on the side in the middle of the panel.

You can remove this cover if needed, in about 3 minutes.

Attachments

• DSC_0074.jpg
    DSC_0074.jpg
    452.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    606.2 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0077.jpg
    DSC_0077.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0078.jpg
    DSC_0078.jpg
    385.4 KB · Views: 26
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    399.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC_0080.jpg
    DSC_0080.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 22

Gaffer

Do you think the tri-fold would work okay with the tool box in the attached photo?

Attachments

• pro-tech.jpeg
    pro-tech.jpeg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12

jnbhobe

I have the Advance Cover on both my trucks, it is a 4 section hard cover all aluminum, made in Michigan. One is 2yr old the other is 7yr old. WFM I had a Roll-Bak for a couple of years, was nice to be able to see the pin, but thats it :rolleyes: JON ;) ;)

bill40

I have used the Extang Express soft roll up for the last several years.Like that the bows roll right with the cover. Semms to hold well with a load of snow but hasn't had a real test of that yet.

Yianni

I also have the Roll N Loc cover on my 2500 GMC. I went with the remote option because it's easier for my wife when she has her hands full. It's nice because you just push the button once and the cover rolls until it opens or you stop it. Like the automatic window function on most cars. My hitch fits under it and it will lock anywhere so I close it up to the hitch when towing.
I have never seen customer service like theirs. A few weeks ago the cover jumped off the track so I called the factory to see what to do. They said they had a fix and would I like to do it myself or have their rep. do it. I said you guys do it. 2 days later they sent a whole new improved motor unit and sent a rep. from Kansas City, MO to me in California and he did the install in my driveway. Unbelievable. And on top of that, he said my 3 year warranty would start new from that day. I've owned it for almost 2 years already.
I like being able to lock things away securely in the back so it is a very good cover for that.
I would buy one again.

O.K.,
as if all the above customer service wasn't enough, there's more. I asked the Rep. what product to use on the cover. He said to pick up some 303 at a marine store. I said no problem. West Marine just down the street.
U.P.S. just came and there was a package for me from Roll-N-Loc. 4 bottles of cleaner and protector. Truly unbelievable! I wish all customer service was like this. They make an excellent cover too.

dennis2188

The Access roll-up cover toolbox edition might be the one you might be interested in. I have had both an Access cover and a Truxedo. They are both good covers. The website for the toolbox cover is www.accesscover.net.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
I have a Truck Covers USA tonneau cover, that slides back in increments, and fits well with my stromgerg-Carlson tailgate.
Can hold up to 1500 lbs when closed and has lock etc.