TOO much brakes.

ChopperBill

After my brake ordeal. Greasy brakes. I went to pick up the trailer for our winter stay in AZ. Barely step on the brakes and almost got whip lash. Best brakes I have ever had. But, they sure are hard to control at slower speeds. I have always had the gain set to max because it never seemed to make a difference before. Now if I turn it down it seems either have no brakes or too much. I do have the boost set to the max. Just hard to figure out where to set it. Bad controller? Its a Prodigy.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
I now have the built in controller, but on my last SOB I had my Prodigy set to about 5.2 and It worked great. I would suggest that you get out in a large parking lot first and just play around with it and find the best setting. Then head out to a route where you can check it and stop to reset it needed.

Delaine and Lindy

Make sure the brakes are warm and lower the boost, and set the brake controller on 5 and move up or down. And it you change the brake shoes it will take some time for them to wear in... Good Luck............ Happy Trails....

ChopperBill

I really didn't think to lower the boost until after we unhooked in AZ. Will remember to do that when we leave. Wont be until April 1 so I hope Old Timers doesn't set in before then.