Torque TQ290 Ordered

CarterKraft

Good deal, I will order up a 25' extension and we'll see how it goes. The place we will be camping the most is a off road park not a "campground" so their power connections are not in the correct spot. Two 25' cords should cover it though.

Have I said I am excited yet? :D

CarterKraft

And I bet your right about the sharing knowledge. I usually work out all the gizmos for them and I have a real passion for modifying things. I have allot planned for the trailer to make it mine, and the competition between my FIL and his friend to outdo each other has become fierce. I hope to join the "fun" soon. :cool:

jbeletti

Good deal, I will order up a 25' extension and we'll see how it goes. The place we will be camping the most is a off road park not a "campground" so their power connections are not in the correct spot. Two 25' cords should cover it though.

Have I said I am excited yet? :D

I explained "what I do", but you may want even better. Is your coach wired for 50 amp or 30? If for 50, you may want a 50 amp extension cord. If I had to buy one, that's what I'd get. But since I kept this 30 amp extension, I adapt down to and use it.

CarterKraft

Jim you are right, I have a 30 amp trailer and thus ordered a 30 amp cord.

I am pretty versed in electrical theory and voltage drop etc. I was concerned with getting a "too" long cord.
I really would rather have a 50 foot shore power cord instead of a extension, but I reasoned a 25' extension would cover most needs and if I find I am always needing the extension I will just buy a 50' shore power cord and leave the 25-30' cord at home as 75' should handle everywhere I could go.
I generally dislike having a "extension" cord on anything, and especially two of them as will be the configuration when using the extension.

Thanks for your help, and thanks for checking my logic.