Toshiba TV to Jensen AMW 975 to surround sound

Bob Vaughn

Is it possible to wire the Toshiba TV to the Jensen AMW 975 surround system in my 2011 Big Country? If so how? :confused:

danemayer

Hi Bob,

The Jensen 975 has regular old RCA audio connectors for inputs to the surround sound. So now you'll have to check the TV manual to see what audio outputs it has, and then it's just a matter of getting a cable to connect the two. Sometimes TVs have analog audio outputs and sometimes they have digital audio outputs. If yours has digital, you'll need a converter.

Our RV Audio Connections Illustrated User Guide shows the different types of connectors and what's needed to bridge them.

Bob Vaughn

I am sorry I thought I had a 975 but when I pulled it out of the wall I found it was a 970....I had purchased a digital optical cable because my tv has that receptacle on the back of it and the 975 does but the 970 does not....so now I am back to square one...The tv is now the problem.....

Bob Vaughn

I am sorry I thought I had a 975 but when I pulled it out of the wall I found it was a 970....I had purchased a digital optical cable because my tv has that receptacle on the back of it and the 975 does but the 970 does not....so now I am back to square one...The tv is now the problem.....
I got some RCA cables and hooked them up to the audio out put on the back of the tv to the Aux 1 in cables coming in to the back of the 970. Turned on the TV and the 970 but got no sound from the surround speakers.....My tv sound menu does not have a turn off speaker icon....Muting and turning the speakers should kill the sound going to the 970 so I am at a loss as to what to do now...

danemayer

I got some RCA cables and hooked them up to the audio out put on the back of the tv to the Aux 1 in cables coming in to the back of the 970. Turned on the TV and the 970 but got no sound from the surround speakers.....My tv sound menu does not have a turn off speaker icon....Muting and turning the speakers should kill the sound going to the 970 so I am at a loss as to what to do now...

Did you change the input on the 970 to AUX 1 IN?

Also, the TV audio output might have selections like PCM, or Dolby Digital, etc. You might have to experiment to find one that's compatible.

Bob Vaughn

Mine has an Aux 1 connection on the wiring harness on the back side, nothing for Aux 2 on the back....

Bob Vaughn

The connections on the TV say audio out.....If I turn the volume on the TV way up the tv speakers blare, if I mute the tv and turn the volume up to 40 on the Jensen I still get nothing....

danemayer

Are you sure the TV has analog RCA audio outputs? Some TVs only have digital audio out, either Optical TOS, or Digital Coax (which looks like an analog RCA jack).

Bob Vaughn

There is 2 RCA plugs and a optical digital plug but the Jensen 970 does not have a digital place to plug it in.