My Touch Audio player

• I Love my radio

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I Hate my radio

Votes: 37 97.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just purchased a brand new 2011 32RESS and the very first thing I am going to do is throw out that Touch Audio system and its speakers! The sound quality is so awful that it gives me a headache. I haven't seen speakers that poorly designed since the 1970's back when Radio Shack was considered cool.

I plan to open up that hidden shelf and installing a real home audio system with bluray player and Polk audio speakers inside and out. A 110v power inverter will run the TV and stereo system.

...Second challenge, the RV dealership apparently robbed the camper of its 32" Vision TV and replaced it with a much smaller used and scratched up Toshiba. They didn't even have the remote for the Toshiba so they stuck a Radio Shack universal remote in the camper. I'm highly disappointed. Seems they also stole the original kitchen table too, the one that is in there now doesn't match.

BTW, I opened up every TV outlet and found that the factory installed coax and fittings where worthless. The coax cable was damaged in several places. The fittings where sub-standard crimp-on rather than compression and were installed by someone lacking experience with that kind of cabling--no wonder the TV picture was horrible and/or didnt work at all. I had to cut all new fittings and even replace a few damaged cable runs. At least now the signal quality is perfect, can't say as much for the used TV or the horrible kitchen table the dealership is trying to push over on us. :-(

ynot

I seemed to have everything working on the Touch Audio system for now with the exception of the remote control. It seems to work if you hold it 2 inches from the sensor on the radio but that doesn't really classify it as a remote I'd say. Has anyone else seen this or able to find a fix?

jbeletti

I confirmed with Heartland today that Heartland no longer uses any Touch Audio products in any Heartland branded coach.

I've closed the poll and will now close this poll thread. Feel free to continue to discuss the Touch Audio in existing threads on the subject. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.