Tow Vehicle Brakes

Titanguy

Just found a new reason for disc brakes on the trailer.
2014 Ram 3500 DRW 61,000 miles and brakes are only 25% worn. About 30,000 towing miles. The Trailer disc brakes must be relieving the truck of some braking pressures.
I will be replacing bearing & brake pads at the rally in August. This will make the trailer 1 year old with abt. 18,000 miles om it. Let's see how the trailer brake pads are wearing.

Power247

Awesome!! The exhaust brake on the Cummins is certainly helping a bit as well. Makes a huge difference when pulling with my 2500.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
On my previous truck I got 85000 miles on the original brake pads. We have disc brakes on our RV. On our current truck we still have the original brake pads and have 57000 miles on the truck. Should get 85k or more on the pads. But also I am not a heavy braker. I see many driver wait until the last minute to apply the brakes. If you drive high(look down the road while driving) you can anticipate many stops and get off the throttle eliminating the need to use the brakes. Defensive Driving 101.

lwmcguire

We are over 90K on the truck with original pads and they are less than 1/2 used. I drive like Jim and certainly use the exhaust brake/gears and anticipate having to stop. Quite a bit of mountain driving as well and we live in the Ozarks so any trip sees plenty of hills. I did install heavy axles with the corresponding almost 2X brake size on the Augusta so it does stop very well.

Noofear

My 2009 dually has about 50% of the brakes left after 80000 miles

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk