Tow Vehicle Tire Replacement

jnbhobe

I put them on for Goshen I've got about 10 K on them now

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Jon, I see the Transforce has 2 tread designs. Which are you running? I'm looking at a more aggressive tread design.

sjs731

Anybody running the Michelin LTX M/S where it snows a lot? I am wondering what kind of traction they get in the snow. I have read lots of favorable reviews on wear. I was also looking at the LTX A/T2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

caissiel

Most 4 x 4 in my area use them. That is in New Brunswick, Canada.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

priorguy

My tire guy says the Michelin LTX is the best overall truck tire out there for wear ride etc. I just put on a set of Yokohama ice guards as they were the best snow tire in his opinion and similar price point. May try the Michelin for summer once the OE wranglers wear out.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody running the Michelin LTX M/S where it snows a lot? I am wondering what kind of traction they get in the snow. I have read lots of favorable reviews on wear. I was also looking at the LTX A/T2.
Steve, I just put on my second set of Michelin LTX M/S2 tires.
First set rode good, were quiet and I have had no problem with traction. My three requirements for a tire.
Your truck is 4X4 right?

Peace
Dave

sjs731

Yes, Dave my truck is 4x4. Thanks for the replies. I think that I am going to give them a shot. I've got a set of Cooper's that came on the truck. I've gotten about 45,000 out of them but I think they won't make it out on the lakes for ice fishing even with 4x4.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

sjs731

Just got 7" of snow yesterday. That made my mind up it was time for new tires so the Michelin M/S2 go on tomorrow.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK