Tow Vehicles RW 305

caissiel

These test will all have to be revised when the duals will be replaced with super singles for cost and fuel efficiency. There talk of motorhomes starting to be be delivered with them. Transport truck ate not derayrd due to singles being used.
To me it makes no sense to need. SRW be more efficient the duallies. I have supported singles for 10 Yeats and believe its the future of RVing.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

caissiel

Cars have no spare for the past 30 years and trucks carry no rear and sometimes front spare. With steel wheels duellies used to have spare as optional years ago. MH do no carry spares neither. And in my experience only duels have flats due to cuts by objects caught between tires.

Its like the EPA BS about unrealistic gas mileage and diesels like VW and BMW had to higher independent tests to prove the EPA diesel rating were way to low. Its just propaganda.

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk 2

Vtxkid

I thought I had heard that the difference between the 2011- F350 and F450 was that the F450 had the full box frame where the F350 didn't?!?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

porthole

Retired
brakes, front axle width, gear ratio (not axle housing) and weight capacity, about it for the 2011 differences.
Oh, and the extra few grand.

scottyb

I don't understand why the 350 CC numbers are lower. Doesn't make since as the CC have a much stronger suspension and associated parts.

Well after talking to our fleet sales guy today, it is quiet obvious why it has a much lower tow rating than a comparable pickup. The F350 Chassis/Cab comes with the same engine, but only rated at 660 ft/lbs torque and only 300 HP. It is in the "Commercial Specs".

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
I thought I had heard that the difference between the 2011- F350 and F450 was that the F450 had the full box frame where the F350 didn't?!?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

The post 2011 F450 are a rebadged F350. Just have a few upgraded features. Which all of it can be added to a F350 for cheaper the cost difference of the two pickups.

All of the F450 prior to 2011 were based on the real F450 CC.

mattpopp

Trouble Maker
Axle ratio change and wider front axle add on?

You can buy the ring and pinions at any gear ratio you want from companies like Yukon. The front axle on the 2011 and newer 450 is the same wide axle that you could get on the 2010 and earlier f350.

The new f450 should be called the f355.

tljack

I have read my truck's owners manual. Actually 3 times. I showed it to the state weigh master. He says I am fine.

woolf

I have no specs or facts to back any of this up, only real world experience with the 2010 GMC 2500 Duramax, (which is not as stout as your 2012). I tow a 2009 Fuzion FZ393, usually loaded down with a 4 seat rzr and 3-4 dirt bikes. When I rolled it over the scales, it was just over 19,000 lbs. I've towed it roughly 15,000 miles since we bought it, and have zero complaints. Had one blowout on the trailer, and honestly would not have noticed it if I had not seen the smoke. Towed the trailer full of water fuel, and rzr/dirt bike load from Detroit, MI to Crested Butte, Co last summer and had no problems at all. This was with towing through the heat wave that we all experienced last year, including leaving Denver @ 110 F. I have been incredibly pleased with the way the truck tows, and have not seen any adverse affects on my truck (which is now at 100,000 miles). This is only my experience, so take it for what it is.

danemayer

Hi woolf,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of helpful and friendly people. Thanks for contributing to the discussion.