towing with a lift kit

Bones

When a unit is higher on a lifted truck the overall height must be checked. So units are very close to max height allowed.

Very True. Max legal height is 13' 6" Most bridges will be at 14 but by the time you add road variances and several re-pavements later you may no longer have that same 14 foot clearance. I also agree with an earlier post that the lifted trucks look good but you are sacrificing what little stability you have for looks. Is it worth it? Another questions to ask is if all of the components your are adding from the aftermarket are up to the task with the weight that most 5th wheels sit at.

DW_Gray

So it tows it just fine. Why not? The truck will tow it no matter how high the trailer nose is (within reason). But if the question was asked, "Does towing a nose high trailer create additional stress on the truck and trailer?", the answer would be an absolute yes.

BLHFUN

I know of only one safe option for lifted truck owners and it is being successfully used. These lifted truck owners use the Automated Safety Hitch System. Here is a review on it:
http://goo.gl/0ymBcQ

Isn’t that a little short sighted? – “Only one safe option?" - I have a 4 inch lifted dually and tow extremely safe in all aspects. – I’m 11 inches between Bedrail and Trailer and less than 1 inch front to back Level. I have zero issues with Towing and/or stopping. The only thing I would change is the 350 versus the 450 for the 4200 and it's heavy weight- More piece of mind than anything since I'm within specs fully loaded. And the 450 WILL be lifted. J

Just sayin' :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 18

DW_Gray

Isn’t that a little short sighted? – “Only one safe option?" - I have a 4 inch lifted dually and tow extremely safe in all aspects. – I’m 11 inches between Bedrail and Trailer and less than 1 inch front to back Level. I have zero issues with Towing and/or stopping. The only thing I would change is the 350 versus the 450 for the 4200 and it's heavy weight- More piece of mind than anything since I'm within specs fully loaded. And the 450 WILL be lifted. J

Just sayin' :)

Point taken. Removed "only."

Your rig is nicely setup. Looks level all the way across. That's the issue that owners of lifted trucks need to consider. I've seen some pretty bad ones.

BLHFUN

Point taken. Removed "only."

Your rig is nicely setup. Looks level all the way across. That's the issue that owners of lifted trucks need to consider. I've seen some pretty bad ones.

Totally agree. This was a huge concern to be level and legal. The stress on the rear axel/tires is not a "what if.." It's a "when". After I sent the response, I was hoping it didn't come across rude. Surely wasn't the intent.