Towmax Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thedonald

Re: ATF: Big Country - Towmax Tires

Sorry I don't trust Tredit. When I suspected one of my new tires was very badly over heating I contacted Tredit. They had me, at my expense, tow my Bighorn several miles to a Discount Tire dealer for whom Tredit also delivesr tires. They looked at the tire and without taking it off and checking etc. declared it good. Now that tire has had the steal belt blow right through the center of the tread while on I 95. I was lucky to get off the road. On top of now having one blown tire I also have another tie which I believe is showing weakness between the treads. Therefore I am not confident that Tredit will help. However, I heard through the grapevine, while on Christmas vacation, that Heartland was taking an interest in this very important issue and one individual even said Heartland asked him to ship them the tire. I hope to find out more about that and possibly help others in the process. This is dangerous. I also noticed a National Safety Council case has been opened on this matter. I hope something is done before someone really get hurt.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Who am I? Just an owner, just like you. I never said "tough luck". I said "buyer beware".

I don't trust a TowMax any farther then I can throw it. We got rid of ours in 2011. Please don't tell me I don't care about this!

tu8y2eve.jpg

As a potential owner, you can pay for better tires to be put on before purchase. As a current owner, you can pay to replace your tires.

That is all I'm saying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thedonald

Ok I got it and sorry didn't mean to rub you the wrong way. Just that if we all keep fixing the problem out of our own Pocket Heartland and Towmax/TREDIT will still keep putting people in danger and making a lot of money doing it. I posted the following on another site and is worth repeating.

Reference is made to National Safety Council complaint ODI No. 10526223 addressing these towmax tires. If everyone will just send their information and pictures to NSC maybe this can be stopped.

Their contact information is as follows:

Office of Defects Investigation (ODI)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
U.S. Department of Transportation

Phone 888-3274236
TTY 888-424-9453
Web/email http://WWW-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/contact.cfm

Thanks

kowAlski631

This is an owner's forum with all of us in the same boat with tires & issues. Those of us who have had blow outs have had for the most part no assistance from TREDIT - read that again, TREDIT. Heartland gave us the assistance we requested. Heartland is not the only manufacturer using the BlowMax tires. Erika was trying to help you because she's a nice person.

Being upset with the manufacturer of the TIRES is one thing. Being rude to another owner who, by the way was trying to help, was another.

We've also had to replace all 5 tires (including the spare) at our own expense before our BH was a year old. Not our favorite thing to spend money on either.

Martha

Paul & Martha

Life's too short. Live so you can say "Remember when" not "I wish I had".

jimtoo

The information to report problems has been posted above.

This thread is closed. The information will still be visible to all, but no more posting in this thread.

Jim M

Status
Not open for further replies.