• Yes- TPMS on the truck and RV

Votes: 20 28.6%
  • Yes- TPTMS on the truck and RV

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • No- Can't afford it

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • No- But I'm saving money for it.

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • No- It's a waste of moneny in my opinion.

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters

Westwind

I became a believer when my 2008 GMC Sierra came with a TPM system as original equipment. On the way home from our first trip with the new truck to Florida the system alerted me that we were losing pressure on the left rear truck tire. We were on the Garden State Parkway near Paramus, it gave me a chance to get the trailer and truck off the road into a shopping center parking lot so I could safely change the tire on the truck. I became a believer.
This year when be bought the new Bighorn I ordered a TireMinder system, I liked the fact that the sensors had removeable batteries and the reviews by customers were all positive. The unit I got can handle more than the 4 sensors that I got with it so If for some reason I got a truck that didn't have the system I could add more sensors and the monitor could handle them.

I'll have to give everyone a status after I use the system for the first time.

porthole

Retired
TST sensors screw onto the valve stem and that alone on a single tire is easy enough. Putting them on dualies is another thing though. It is hard to get the sensors on dualies due to working area inside the tire area.

The newer version has covers that can be removed (the anti theft covers). Without these covers the sensors are much easier to install. On my DRW I have the wheel slots with the valves rotated opposite each other. I can just get my hand in the slot to install the sensors.