Tpms?

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
Re: Tpms

We bought the Innotech at the National Rally and although we have not had any issues to be alerted to, it is nice to be able to check tire pressure and temp at the touch of a button. It does give a certain level of peace of mind.

Ditto.

blacklabbob

My new Landmark Key Largo (2014) came with a VALOR TPMS-203-RVT monitor. The transmitters are installed inside the tires by the OEM. It has a LOW press. warning, HIGH, LEAKAGE, and TEMPERATURE warnings. I have hooked the system up, and the pressure readings are correct in my yard. Have not taken our first trip with it yet, so I have no experience as yet. There is no transmitter in the spare tire (not good) Anyone else out there been using this system?

pegmikef

I just received my TST 507 TPMS and am getting ready to set it up, but I am not sure of the values to use. The video recommends 10% below and 20% above the base PSI (in my case 110 lbs) and to use the default temperature setting of 158 degrees F. Do these settings sound correct and is this about what other 507 owners are using? Thanks, Mike

jnbhobe

Thats where I have mine set but I may change the 10% to 20% one of these days, outside tempature changes set the alarm off sometimes.

porthole

Retired
Defaults work fine for starters. I have adjusted mine a few times since as I see how things go. With my G114's set at 115 cold I have seen as high as 140+ hot. SO my TPMS is set at 145.

Same with temperature issues. This past summer I was getting really high temps readings on the left front. But on the new Fords, when the fan kicks on there is a lots of hot air blowing right across the wheel. Because of that I have my temp warning set at the max.

Doesn't help for watching the tire temps, but does stop the false alram on hot days

Jim Posz

I installed the TST system a couple of months ago; have a Sundance with load range D tires. It works well but I found that going 20% over on pressure warning wasn't quite high enough travelling I-80 across Iowa on a 97 degree day. Jim

wdk450

I have had my TireTracker system alarm some times at rest stops in the summer, as the tire pressure decreases due to tire cooling. These nuisance alarms go away after a few more miles on down the road. I would rather have these few "false" alarms occasionally and be sure the system is working.
The way I set up before leaving tests all of the alarms. I get my compressor out and have the TPMS readout with me. I call up each sensor on the readout and unscrew it from the tire. I get an alarm, screw it back in, and read the tire pressure. I then add air if needed. Repeat for each tire.

Dutch & Di

We have found that 20% above and 15% below cold tire pressure works best for us in our travels. Keep in mind the "settings" are guidelines and can be set for your personal travel and preferences. Hugs, Di

ILH

I find it interesting the impact of direct sunlight on one side of the rv while driving - to significantly increase the tire pressures. Its also interesting to see how fast pressures decrease when a bit of rain hits the roadway.

pegmikef

Well, I installed my TST 507 flow through TPMS and it works great and as advertised, but . . . . the downside is my Viair 450P compressor does NOT like the flow through valves and it took a good eight minutes to go from 102 to 110 PSI. Apparently, there is additional pressure in the valve that cause my compressor to jump to 145 PSI and shut itself off. Kind of defeats the benefit of having a 100 percent duty cycle portable compressor. The good news is that the sensors are easy to remove to fill the tires (about a minute for 102 to 110 not using the valve). I you have a tank, then this is not a problem, nor would it be a problem at most air stations.