Trailer Hitch Question....

rick_debbie_gallant

Well boys and girls, if you ever have your trailer more then 16 degrees off center and need to unhitch, all is not lost.

Pop the 2 clevis pins on the sides of the saddle and lift the saddle out with the pin box.
You can be at 90 degrees and do this.

Never thought of that. Sounds like a plan to me.

Thanks

We had the same question and here's the answer that made up my mind. THe Bighorn has an88 degree turning radius. Yes the pull rite works going forward but it is vey expensive. Others only slide when backing and that is usually not when you need them. We went with the b&W companion with the turnover ball. We are happy with our choice. Lot of pluses and very few negatives. Check it out for yourself.

Larryheadhunter

X-Rookies Still Luving it
Simplelife, I agree with you totally except I bought and had installed my pullrite 18K super glider for about $2500. Rookies like me needed that extra 14" for both the forward and backwards. I am selling mine now if I get a decent offer, check "Items for Sale", because I need to buy an even more expensive hitch that has 2 air bags in the hitch itself, as I have a very bad back and it helps absorb the bumps and holes etc.
For you and others with expertise in driving a big rig I believe your solution is great.