Trailer hitch

Brandon

I was wondering if bighorn sells a receiver for the rear of a 2013 bighorn. If so does it void warranty if bolted on. All I need to do is haul bicycles.
Thanks, Brandon

danemayer

Hi Brandon,

Take a look at the frame at the rear of your Bighorn. If there are brackets welded on each side that have a couple of holes in them, they're for mounting the 1-1/4" receiver hitch that's available on Landmarks and perhaps some other models. You can buy the receiver hitch from Heartland or from Lippert.

Experience with the 1-1/4" receiver hitch has been mixed. It's worked well for some, not so well for others. Some have experienced significant flex.

Lippert might tell you that installing the receiver hitch they designed for the frame they designed will void the warranty. That's because they assume you will try to tow an SUV. Prior discussion has suggested that regardless of what they say, their ability to void your warranty is limited by federal law. Btw, the frame warranty is 1 year.

A lot of people will likely suggest you have a 2 or 2-1/2" receiver hitch welded to the frame. And if you don't have the brackets, since you'd have to do some welding anyway, that might be a better solution.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I think Lippert had one, but the frame on the trailer had to have mounting plates on it. Some owners have made their own set-ups for frames that didn't have the mounting points.