Trailer Purchase - What to look out for

Dan54

We are looking at replacing out 2011 Landmark with a newer or new Big Horn or Big Country. Seven years ago when we bought the Landmark from General we didn’t know what to look for & of course General hurried use thru the check out process so there were several things we missed & had to live with or pay for out of our own pocket.
This time around I would like to have a checklist to systematically go thru before signing off on a purchase. I remember how excited I was about the prospect of a new trailer last time which contributed as well. Give me your thoughts on what I should be sure to check as we go thru this process. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sengli

Sadly just cause its new these days, doesnt mean a lot in terms of potential issues on the coach. Best of luck on the new rig. The little things are something you can fix, I would really look at the slides, windows, bay doors fit..... and above all make sure you dont come across any leaks!

arisce

I would be very serious when inspecting your rig. Bring paper and paper
and check off the Heartland list as you go through your rig. Also take pictures of defects.
When you go do not be in a hurry. Take your time. Save a lot of time later. Finally don't settle for their word when they say" we'll fix that later" attitude. Get it in writing.
Good luck. But be prepared.

Dan54

You will find the pre delivery checklist here.
Eighth file from the bottom.

Peace
Dave

Thank you Dave. Interesting, when I opened the file it’s the same one I found online. An apparently small internet RV help site is using it as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

david-steph2018

Dan54, when you go for the PDI (walk-thru), take some couples of the PDI with you.
Story here, when we bought our Road Warrior, we were talking to one of the owners. When the discussion of the PDI came up, I handed him a copy of the PDI we were going to do.
We came back the next morning and spent about 5 hours, with a tech, and found several items needing attention. Then I came back later in the week and spent overnight in the rig on their lot using different systems. The next morning handed them a list of items I found during the night.