Trailer weight, a very pleasant surprise.

PeternLiane

WE could never obtain a good weight from the weight stickers on the door or on the outside wall. The one on the door says 4600lbs. The one on the outside wall says 5200lbs. I got the chance to tow our NT 22FBS home last night all by my self. I was passing a weigh station in Fort Morgan CO. I thought well there will be no better time to weight the trailer. I pulled in paid my $9.50 to get it weighed. To my surprise our NT weighed only 5400lbs fully loaded (2 30lb propane tanks, 5 to 10 gallons fresh and 5 gallons black). We have full closets, drawers, cabinets, basement and other storage. I thought for sure that it would weigh 6000+. Getting our NT weighed was best thing that we could do. I know exactly how much our truck weighs, how much our trailer weighs and how much the combo weighs. I am totally happy with the weight. My DW is very happy about the weight. I would suggest if you haven't done it yet is to do it. It gave us great peace of mind. It was the best $9.50 that I have spent in a long time.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Thanks for Sharing Peter. I have to ask though, did you drop the trailer and go back to the scale to weigh the truck alone?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If you get the chance at a Rally, have your truck and trailer weighed by RVSEF. They'll give you the weights on each tire, as well as recommendations for adjusting tire pressures or loading to better balance everything out.

APT

If the 5400 pound measurement was with the TT connected to the TV, then you are neglecting tongue weight which is probably on the order of 500-700 pounds on the TV suspension with weight distribution.