Trailersaver TS3 Hitch - Pics of installed Bedsaver

jbeletti

For those of you who read about my oops, below are pictures of the Blue Ox Bedsaver for the Trailersaver TS3 hitch that me and Dan Halvorsen installed while we were at the Indiana Chapter rally this past weekend.

Install was pretty straight forward. It required the drilling of 3 holes. Why the king pin capture portion is so high, I'm not sure. We'll see in a day or two, what sort of gymnastics will be required to hitch and unhitch.

TS3 and Bedsaver 1.jpg TS3 and Bedsaver 2.jpg TS3 and Bedsaver 3.jpg

brianharrison

Hope you got a reduced price with the stickers on upside down.....:)

From picture one, I see the bags are overinflated, (unhitched) - inflation line is above the lower bracket. You may have to deflate bags to hitch and then reinflate when loaded, to clear the king pin capture portion of the blue ox.

Brian

Pizzaguy

That is a very similar setup as the Bedsaver I installed on our Curt Q5 hitch. By using the remote for the camper or the wife, it is not really a problem hitching and unhooking. You do have to pull the truck ahead a couple inches and raise the landing gear to clear the Bedsaver, or vise versa for unhooking but it is worth the insurance. If the wife isn't available your remote will work great. I haven't dropped one on the truck--yet, but put one on "just in case".

Westwind

I have a TrailSaver BD3 Hitch, hope they are in the process of developing one for my hitch.

jbeletti

Hope you got a reduced price with the stickers on upside down.....:)

From picture one, I see the bags are overinflated, (unhitched) - inflation line is above the lower bracket. You may have to deflate bags to hitch and then reinflate when loaded, to clear the king pin capture portion of the blue ox.

Brian

Brian - I plan to use the remote control for the RV to raise/lower the landing gear as needed. Easier to do than bleed air and refill. We shall see though. Hitching up with it on Friday morning.

Yeah, the upside-down decals was a trip. Event the safety decal on the front, was upside-down, on one of the sides. I peeled it off and relocated it per a picture of the device in the install sheet. I may ask Blue Ox to send decals for the side for me to replace, or I may just remove them and call it a day.

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
BD3 Question Here:
I want to lube the pins. The pins have been in/out and in the weather enough that I want to lube them before we really start using it this camping season (which is finally here) Anyone have any of lube type and "how to" suggestions? Also since I just got this BD3, I'd take any suggestions on maintenance.

danemayer

BD3 Question Here:
I want to lube the pins. The pins have been in/out and in the weather enough that I want to lube them before we really start using it this camping season (which is finally here) Anyone have any of lube type and "how to" suggestions? Also since I just got this BD3, I'd take any suggestions on maintenance.
Here's a link to the BD3 manual in the manuals section of the forum. Just says high grade automotive grease.

porthole

Retired
BD3 Question Here:
I want to lube the pins.

Can't lube them without disassembling the hitch - no matter what the manual says.
The part that actually has Zerk fittings does not grease the area that needs it most.

Last edited:

mobilcastle

For those of you who read about my oops, below are pictures of the Blue Ox Bedsaver for the Trailersaver TS3 hitch that me and Dan Halvorsen installed while we were at the Indiana Chapter rally this past weekend.

Install was pretty straight forward. It required the drilling of 3 holes. Why the king pin capture portion is so high, I'm not sure. We'll see in a day or two, what sort of gymnastics will be required to hitch and unhitch.

View attachment 24281 View attachment 24282 View attachment 24283
Nice looking truck bed-put up a picture of the truck if you have time.

porthole

Retired
BD3 Question Here:

Can't lube them without disassembling the hitch - no matter what the manual says.
The part that actually has zerk fittings does not grease the area that needs it most.

Partial goof here - I missed the "BD"-3", not a "TS"-3

Your manual specs to grease the vertical pins every time you put the hitch in. That is completely different then the TS-3 which does have two Zerks on the forward pin.

The hitch head assembly appear to be the same. The manuals suggest using a spray lube at the recess in the head for the two vertical pins that hold the jaws.
Those pins are pressed into the head, no way is any spray lube getting into the pins. I might get some in by spraying underneath the head, but odds are you will just make a mess.

The two horizontal pins that hold the head to the saddle and are also pressed in. There is no way to lube these pins without taking the hitch apart.

here is a TS-3 dissected a bit, you will see the similarity of some of the parts and associated issues.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31683-Hensley-TrailerSaver-TS-3-squeaks?highlight=hensley

mnkamper

Founding MN Chapter Leader-retired
Thanks Porthole...... I really appreciate your replies!
Sorry for moving this thread in a different direction (but I'm glad there were great replies)!
Jim's truck and Classy Chassis is an awesome truck and I'm glad there's not more damage in the "oops". I'm thinking that I should move with getting the bedsaver too!