Traversing the Rocky Mountains

dave10a

no problems going up or down long grades. Just take your time. I don't have an exhaust brake, but lower gears work fine. I keep the engine at 2000- 2500 rpm in a gear that is not lugging going up hill and generally the same gear going down long grades. The engine and tranny run mid range temp wise. Some folks like to race up hill for some strange reason, but I set the cruise in the gear that is appropriate and enjoy the scienery. No reason to punish your TV. I have traveled all the Interstates and highways across the Rockies over the years and have never had a problem---However I would avoid some roads like these pulling my rig.mountain Road.jpgmountain roads.jpg

That is the reason Garmin Basecamp has an option for motorcycles to follow "curvy roads". It does not work well pulling a 4ft trailer :)

- - - Updated - - -

I always pulled a trailer behind my bike when traveling and I usually traveled back roads. I once got into some real twisties in the Ozarks with the trailerwithout any issues. I have a rotating hitch that makes it easier.