Truck Suspension Question

Bobby A

Just had to replace the upper and lower ball joints, only got 20K miles on them. They were Moog parts, I understand they have a life time warranty which I will follow up on when I get back to MI. I did replace them with the same brand but was wondering in the future is there a better brand that I should be looking at ?? Does pulling these heavy 5th wheels have anything to do with these ball joints going out quickly ?? I have a 2007 Dodge Mega Cab 4X4 6.7 L cummins Turbo Diesel engine.

Thanks,
Bobby A

jnbhobe

Re: suspension question

Moog are pretty good parts If there is a warranty I doubt if it covers labor. Don't think towing has much effect on the front end, and there seems to be a lot of front end problems with the Dodges.

caissiel

My son had an 07 and had to do the whole front end at 60000 miles. It was a 3500 that never towed. His friend with a 2500 same year had to the same one week before.
Yes they went after market as the OEM are known to fail.

Bobby A

I to have had a lot of front end work, but I love this Dodge, I just wish I could figure out whats causing the premature failures. My brother in law's 06 Ram lasted well over 100K miles before he needed any front end work.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter

Not knocking Dodges...but it seems that early Ram trucks and some Dodge cars had front end issue's. I do think that in last few years Dodge has made them better.