Truck Upgrade Help

wyleyrabbit

Ahhh. My mistake. His post talked about several different trucks, I misread.

I think that the key is that the 25% figure is often not the case. In the survey of Bighorn 3055RL owners, most were just over 20%.

That said, I'm happy I bought the truck I did for the trailer we bought.

Chris

truknutt

Committed Member
Here is the deal a new truck is out of the question.

What I am asking what can I do to make this a safer experience.

Gzo,

After re-reading all the postings in this thread I went back to your original post to remind myself what the actual question was; "what can I do to make this a safer experience" . It appears that we established that you are NOT changing your TV so we have to concentrate on the other half of the equation.

I would say consider the Razor Toyhauler. Using the posted specs & floorplans by Heartland RVs, Razor models start with GVWs that are 4,000-6,000# less than the Cyclones. The 3110DS has the exact floorplan as the 3210.

I don't think that any of us can speak for the GM Engineering staff with respect to your TV's weight specs (unless there is an actual GM Engineer amongst us).

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Alan and Gzo, IMHO, stay away from these duel wheel adapters. We have seen these at our Chevy store when installed on SRW trucks. If you overload them, they break off the end of the axles. The wheel spacing is different, too much leverage on the end of the axle. Most of the time the diff housing is ruined also. Big $$$$$$$$$ repair. Bob:(

nhunter

I don't see the point of the kit. Yes it helps if you blow a tire, but so what. It doesn't increase any weight carrying capacity of the truck and a pressure pro will help you not blow a tire and probably a lot cheaper.