Trying to backfeed Living Room Satellite to Bedroom

DandM

I am a very new owner of the 2015 Bighorn 3570 that is Prewired for the Traveler. We had them install it at the dealers. My question is this. Please keep in mind that although we did have the Dish Traveler on our old travel trailer (installed at camper world) and we could watch different channels in the bedroom and living room with our Dish 722 DVR Receiver. I might have been under the wrong impression but when it said wired for the Dish Traveler sat. I thought the wiring would already be done for the bedroom tv. The dealer doesn't seem to have a clue either. He's saying that we Might need another receiver for the bedroom. I've looked at some of the layouts on the forums but honestly, I'm not very clear on what they are suggesting that I do. Is it suppose to be possible to watch different channels without getting another receiver... I could really use some clear instructions for the wiring process from the 722 receiver to the wall and the wiring in the bedroom
Thanks for any help.

jimtoo

Re: Bedroom satellite non existant

Hi DaqndM,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

If you have questions about anything in/on your unit, you can find the answer most likely right here. We have a great search engine on the forum, both simple and advanced. Sometimes that is the fastest way to find an answer instead of waiting on someone to reply. While you are getting acquainted with the forum try out the search tab for fun.

I can't help with the Dish setup, but some of our other family members will help soon I would think.

Enjoy the forum and your new Bighorn. Also start making plans to attend rallies when you can and meet lots of these great folks.

Jim M

donr827

We have a Winegard SK3005 on ours and use two receivers. Someone with more expertise can help you but I thought what you want to do has to do with the receiver. When the dealer did the installation I remember he had to use some jumpers in the bedroom closet where the connections were housed.
Don

Last edited:

danemayer

Hi DandM,

The pre-wiring in your coach assumes you'll be using 2 receivers, which is the usual approach found in homes and RVs. However, it seems that the 722K receiver has 2 tuners and can send an SD signal to a 2nd TV via coax and you should be able to watch different programming on the 2nd TV.

If you connect the coax output from the 722 receiver to the cable/antenna coax connector in the living room, and set your signal booster (in the bedroom) OFF, and connect the bedroom TV to the cable/antenna coax, you may get what you want. You'll be running the 2nd tuner output through the cable/antenna wiring of the RV. On the bedroom TV menu, I'm guessing you'd select cable rather than antenna, and you'll probably find the signal on channel 3 or 4. You might have to do a channel scan.

Doing this will disconnect the living room TV from cable or over the air antenna, so you won't be able to use campground cable or over the air TV without rearranging the connections.

DandM

I have a Savannah with the same prewired Traveler Satelite. I original was using 2 receivers, but missed my 722 dual DVR. My Montana had a cable that ran from the living room to the bedroom, so it was easy to use the "home entertainment connection." I researched on back feeding the signal and can now use my dual DVR in the Savannah. I have a diagram of it and can send to you if you like. rgreynolds2003@sbcglobal.net.

Bob

Diagram for back feeding the satellite signal.

Attachments

• vip 722 self diagram.jpg
    vip 722 self diagram.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 99