trying to get something to Texas from Michigan

rick_debbie_gallant

Okay boys and girls, I a have a heavy item that needs to go to Texas (fifth wheel hitch). What would be the best (read least expensive) method to get it there? Anyone going that way? I will give you some fuel money even.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I am going to Michigan, leaving on the 12th. I will be at the Michigan Rally. I can bring it as far as Oklahoma; if I can find a place to carry it.

porthole

Retired
Rick, when I sold my SuperGlide I bolted it to a pallet and left it at my buddies shop. I let the buyer make the arrangements for the pickup and delivery.

Assuming you don't have the convenience of a shop with a fork lift, my suggestion would be, at the buyers expense, to get a pallet and with it in your truck bolt the SuperGlide down.
Then head over to the nearest shipping depot.
At the time I sold mine we used RL Carriers.

Hastey

Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I am going to Michigan, leaving on the 12th. I will be at the Michigan Rally. I can bring it as far as Oklahoma; if I can find a place to carry it.

I just went out and was looking. With my 5er in tow I don't have the room. If I didn't have a short box I could make it work.

PhotoPete

My kid flys back to texas on saturday from michigan. Wrap that thing up, he can carry it on. ;)