TV antenna

Allen G

I am out in the boonies, antenna is powered up, found three stations on both tv's. Both tv's are showing the same. I have one good clear cable quality channel with good sound. Have one snowy channel with good sound and one channel with excellent picture and no sound at all. Is there something that I do to get sound, checked all tv settings, sap, etc. Any help would be appreciated!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Unfortunately the digital signal we now receive is not as strong as the older analog signal. Also I don't think the RV antennas are as good as we would hope for.
You said that you are in the boonies so what you are getting might be all you are gonna get.
It might be a good idea to check all of the coax f-connectors. Look for shielding wires that might be touching the center traveler and make sure all are tight.

Peace
Dave

Bogie

After checking your connections as Dave pointed out, there is one more thing you can try if you have a directional antenna. This web site will tell you the direction to point your antenna to get available stations in any area once you enter the appropriate ihformation. It will give you the expected signal strength as well.

https://www.tvfool.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=29

Allen G

Thanks to you both, I will check connections today, I am from Calgary but I'm an hour south of Edmonton and west in the foothills of the Rockies, guess Edmonton news will have to do.