TV in basement

Robc

Hello... We have just ordered a BH 3010 RE and have a question. The sales person really was not that informed but I was able to research most of the important info myself. One thing that I could not find out is do the Big Horn's come with a bracket in the basement for the bedroom television and if not where do you get a compatible one.
We also have a RVQ BBQ which we kept from when we sold our last RV and I would like to mount it to the right of the entry door but I am not sure where and how to mount it so it doesn't fall off. I would think that screwing into a aluminum post would be ideal but how do you know where they are?
Thank you
Robert

danemayer

Hi Robc,

Congratulations on your Bighorn order and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of useful information here along with a great bunch of friendly and helpful people.

On our Landmark, the bedroom TV is mounted to a Jensen swivel bracket. The swivel arm slides off the mount by releasing a button and lifting. In the basement, there's a smaller bracket that captures the swivel arm. I think this might be the arm we have. To answer the question for sure, you should call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030 and let them know you've ordered a 3010RE and have a couple of questions.

As for the barbecue, for me, I think I'd do something else. But if you want to proceed, you could ask about that while talking to Heartland.

BillnKaren

Hi Robert, My wife & I have a 2013 3010RE - we mounted our TV in the basement using MOR/ryde TV40010H Slide-Out and Flip Down Ceiling TV Mount - got a great price from Amazon. It was easy to install and works great! Hope this helps.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
We mounted one in our BC basement as well but I bought a heavy duty swing out model similar to one in living room on amazon. Got a deal on it and one for the bedroom as I wanted to mount my new 32" tv up there. One in the basement is an older 26" Sanyo. I also called parts and got the straps they use in living room to strap down the basement tv and the bedroom tv for travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Robc

Thank you for all responses... I've looked at all the suggestions a now all I have to do is choose which will work best for us.
Some members just keep it on a stand and store it when travelling but that's a pain if you have to go in and out of your basement a lot.
Thanks again

Herm45

I am considering mounting a 32" tv in the basement of our BH 3610RE. Has anyone out there done this and if so what kind of mounting bracket did you use and where did you mount it? Thanks

Theresau

Please see my reply to the thread. Mounted it on the left wall. Really like this mount - used it in the bedroom as well.

We mounted a TV in our basement (same as BH's) with a mount from Costco - works great. When traveling we flatten it against the wall and when parked we pull it away so that it faces the patio - can turn as well.

http://www.costco.com/Simplicity-SMF...100071339.html

We mounted to a 26" TV but could have been larger.

Theresa

I am considering mounting a 32" tv in the basement of our BH 3610RE. Has anyone out there done this and if so what kind of mounting bracket did you use and where did you mount it? Thanks

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Thanks Theresa!! How do you secure it when traveling down the road?

I have a similar setup as MrsT and I ordered a couple of straps from heartland that they use on the inside tv. I also go another set for tv in bedroom that I installed as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

simsfmly

Ohio Chapter Leaders-retired
One of the things to research is the finish on your TV. You'll want one with a matte, not high gloss finish. Makes a ton of difference with reflection. We use a Vizio E240AR, and didn't mount it. I was afraid the sweep would be too limiting. When traveling, simple and lightweight to pick up and lay on the bed.

Theresau

Joe did a simple method - he used a piece of wood to wedge it underneath.....works great. We also put a cushion in front of the screen in case anything bumps it while we are traveling. We use a vent cushion.

Edit: Joe would like to put in straps now as well. However, he said the piece of wood prevents it from bouncing up and down on the mount. Maybe we'll do both.

Thanks Theresa!! How do you secure it when traveling down the road?

Mizmary

We have a tv in the basement. It sits in the base when we are parked. And rides on the bed when we travel. Easy! :) we have yet to mount it.