TV Installation for Dummies?

Leanna66

I bought a used MPG 181 that didn't include a TV. What is involved in installing a TV? Do I need a cable box to use cable at RV parks?

Any information is appreciated.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Plug it in attach a cable to the input on the wall to the input on the tv. Attach a cable from the input on the outside to the cable hookup provided by the park. Unless you are getting expanded service which most parks do not offer you will not need a cable box.

danemayer

I'm not sure about the MPG, but on most trailers, the TV antenna and cable input share the same wiring and go through a signal booster (for the TV signal). If you have one of those, the booster should be ON when using the TV antenna and OFF when using cable.

evolvingpowercat

Standard non 5th wheel Heartland Trailers wired for TV will have a Cable connector with weather cap on the outer wall of the trailer and a CATV connector with red on/off button with red led inside the trailer where a TV would go. There is a factory coax run between the outdoor connector and the inside outlet. The inside outlet has red button that powers the roof top TV antenna and disconnects the wire going to the CATV connector, with the red LED indicating this. With red LED off the connector is tied to the outside CATV jack. If you don't have any CATV connector on the outside of your trailer, than you will have some DIY effort to do.

The 5th wheels are more complicated with multiple TV outlets and I don't discuss here since you asked about the MPG.

When on CATV you will have to go into the TV menu and put into CATV mode and when on OTA antenna you have to go into the TV menu and put into OTA mode and newer TVs you have to scan in the channels when you switch back and forth.

Regards,

Last edited: