TV mount in 2013 Landmark San Antonio

tabibito

Hi all,
I'd like to mount a larger TV on an articulating mount in my San Antonio but the "wall" doesn't seem too sturdy. It's not the outer wall but a piece of wood over the fireplace. Has anyone done this before? The mount and the TV together would be just under 100 pounds and I'm not sure how to go about doing this.
Thanks!
-Steve

jimbob195

Hi, Steve,

I also want to replace the OEM Tv in my 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. I emailed Dealer Services at Heartland; Dealer Services <service@heartlandrvs.com> with my question about if the wall was sturdy enough to hold a bigger mount and a 50 lb tv. They sent me a drawing of the wall with the location of the braces that are installed to support the weight of the tv and mount. Their engineer said that, in my case, my landmark should be capable of supporting the extra weight. I found them more than willing to help with advice.
Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.... with pictures, of course!

tabibito

Hi, Steve,

I also want to replace the OEM Tv in my 2011 Landmark Grand Canyon. I emailed Dealer Services at Heartland; Dealer Services <service@heartlandrvs.com> with my question about if the wall was sturdy enough to hold a bigger mount and a 50 lb tv. They sent me a drawing of the wall with the location of the braces that are installed to support the weight of the tv and mount. Their engineer said that, in my case, my landmark should be capable of supporting the extra weight. I found them more than willing to help with advice.
Good Luck. Let us know how it turns out.... with pictures, of course!

Great! Thank you- I sent off an e-mail asking Dealer Services about it. I will definitely let you know how it turns out and with any before/after photos. Thanks again!

esscobra

I replaced the factory tv in my 2017 bighorn with the locking mor-ryde unit that has a locking pin attached to pull chain - and mounted a sony 4k tv with a soundbar below- which hides the chain- I was able to get more bolts into wood studs than factory 4 ones- has been solid .