TV Mount on Late Model 5'ers

RoadJunkie

There have been a few threads on the difficulties of removing the large screen TVs that are mounted in some the the 5er's. I took a few pictures that might help others to understand just what is involved to remove the TVs.

First put a towel or other such pad to avoid scratching the surface of the wood beneath the TV. Then, while using a long extension (I used the flex extension shaft included in the "Blue Bag"), remove the two screws found on the bottom of the TV that mounts the angled aluminum bracket at the TV and back wall. Pull out the bottom of the TV, just a bit, and lift up on the TV from the bottom until you feel the TV is released from the mounting bracket. Be careful not to put your fingers on the top of the TV as you will need all available room to clear the TV from the mounting bracket. Place the TV on the pad you laid out earlier and you're good to make changes to the TV connections. Here's some pics of what mine looked like.

TV Mount Top View.jpg TV Mount.jpg

esscobra

just did same this past weekend- you beat me to it - I remounted a new sony 55 with the mor-ryde swing out with lock- moved tv up a little and mounted soundbar below tv- didn't have time to snap pics as was in hurry to get mounted as need to take trailer to rally in texas a few days sooner than expected- will be back to it in 2 days

Just taking delivery on a new landmark, Newport. It has a 55" tv on a swing mount. pivots from the extreme right side. Then on the left side it has a snap in latch. Anyway for being in a rv it doesn't seem to be real sturdy. Anybody made any changes to theirs to stabilize it better ? The tv does seem to have more movement in it than I thought it should. Any info would be appreciated thanks in advance.

jbeletti

Just taking delivery on a new landmark, Newport. It has a 55" tv on a swing mount. pivots from the extreme right side. Then on the left side it has a snap in latch. Anyway for being in a rv it doesn't seem to be real sturdy. Anybody made any changes to theirs to stabilize it better ? The tv does seem to have more movement in it than I thought it should. Any info would be appreciated thanks in advance.

On two Landmarks I've had with this mount, I've found the mount to be very sturdy. What I've had issues with is the latch. Strongly suggest you use one or 2 straps to secure the TV back for travel days in case the latch mechanism fails.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Thank you for sharing the pictures. I'm hoping the mount pictured is the same as we have in our new Cyclone!
I need to add an HDMI cord and there is no room on the left side to access the plugs. The right side of the TV is the only access I have to the back of the TV and nothing looks like a latch release. Asking Heartland service folks got me a response of "I guess you'll have to take the backing board off then maybe you can figure out how to release the bracket." That really didn't sound like the response I wanted but I was at a loss for a better solution.
I'm going to take another (hopeful) look tonight.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Heartland Service was right...to get to the back of the TV the backer-board had to come down.
I have the mount that was described here earlier. I'm adding a picture that shows the locking screw and it's location relative to the TV.

Attachments

• TV Mount.JPG
    TV Mount.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 37