TV mounting

mjsib2412

I just bought a 2014 heartland mallard m29 and was wondering how to mount a tv and also how do you connect the RCA jacks to the radio for the DVD player. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The tv console is a turntable design. It spins around into bedroom.

danemayer

Hi mjsib2412,

Congratulations on your new Mallard and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Hopefully another Mallard owner will chime in to answer your TV mounting question. If not, you might call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

On the DVD connections, it sounds like your DVD player is either standalone or part of the TV, and the radio/surround sound system came with the trailer. We do have some entertainment center manuals in the manuals section of the forum. Here's a link.

Often there's a bezel that dresses up the opening where the device is mounted. If there are no mounting screws on the bezel, it usually just pulls off, revealing the mounting screws for the device.

wjadma

I also have a Heartland Mallard M24 and was wondering if there was a backing plate in the wall where the cable comes out to mount the TV. does anybody know?

Mburke

We recently purchased a 2015 North Trail 28BRS and I was wondering if anyone had advise or perspective on mounting a Westinghouse 40" 1080p LED TV - DWM40F1Y1. The trailer has the swiveling Entertainment console that allows you to watch TV while lying in the Queen Bed. I have measured everything and the TV will fit in the mounting area but it will be about 1 inch to play with around the sides. I think I will have to add support on the back side of the console to screw the mount into and I am going to have to drill another hole for locking pin that keeps the console locked in place so it doesn't swivel around while hauling. Am I trying to use too big of a TV or will this work. I purchased the TV on super discount yesterday but I have not purchased any other items for the install. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.